Greek Yogurt-Give me your input?

Options
The greek yogurt I buy is from Extra Foods, President's choice brand (I'm Canadian).. and is Vanilla, 160 calories, 23 g of carbs, and 18 g of protein in 3/4 of a cup. Should I be looking for something with less carbs? Anyone's input is welcome, I'm new to the whole greek yogurt thing, the texture is kind of weird to me too.

Replies

• lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options
    i eat fat free yogurt its 70 calories for half a cup. im not sure of the carbs and so forth but just look at activa light and it will come up. i love it. my favorite is the vanilla and sometimes i put some honey bunches of oat ceral in it for an extra crunch to it. the others are good too.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I buy plain fat-free, usually the Fage brand. I flavor mine with sugar-free cherry jello powder and it is deeeelicious!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I buy plain fat-free, usually the Fage brand. I flavor mine with sugar-free cherry jello powder and it is deeeelicious!

Great idea!!

I get the non fat plain as well; so far I've mixed in frozen berries, and peanut butter. It's delcious!
  • 3babys4me
    Options
    you can also buy plain non fat yogurt and put some in a strainer with cheesecloth in it and let it sit over night. The liquid whey will drain from in leaving behind a thicker yogurt. that we know as "greek" yogurt. You lose some of the carbs in the whey as well as some of the "tangy" taste. I love greek yogurt sweetened with stevia, fresh blueberries and sliced toasted almonds. YUMM-O!
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I buy the plain greek yogurt and add a packet of truvia and some frozen raspberries that I thaw for a few seconds in the microwave. It is a lot less sugar and carbs.

I also like the Carbmaster yogurt you can get at Kroger supermarkets.
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    I can't stand greek yogurt-and i also like the carbmaster yogurt (its great for diabetics )
  • andreacord
    Options
    I buy the plain greek yogurt and add a packet of truvia and some frozen raspberries that I thaw for a few seconds in the microwave. It is a lot less sugar and carbs.

I also like the Carbmaster yogurt you can get at Kroger supermarkets.

I'm Canadian, I don't think there are Kroger supermarkets in Canada. There could be farther east, but I'm in British Columbia and I know we for sure don't have one in Kelowna. Thanks for the suggestions though everyone =)