MFP'er From Ireland

Options
Hi everybody. I'm Lynn from Ireland, I am 30 and been overweight since childhood. In the past five-ten years I have tried MANY diets to no avail. Ideally I would like to eat Lower Carbs but I keep giving in to my cravings for sugar. I bought what's called a Slimpod a week ago, you listen for 10 minutes a day before you go to sleep and it subtly changes your thinkinout this site til g and relationship with food. I am pretty pleased so far as I am eating far less than usual but I need to make better choices.

I have a Lab-Springer (or Labradinger lol) called Ozzy who is adorable and I have been taking him for walks almost daily to a local forest for the past few months, it's really helped both of us! Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.:happy:

ETA: Just saw on my stats I joined in MARCH lol. totally forgot about this site until recently!

Replies

• grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynn! Welcome to MFP! :)
  • Lynnella123
    Options
    hey, thanks for the welcome.
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynn. Im Tracy. Live in Belfast. Nice to hear someone else from Ireland lol. Im trying to lose the weight I put on from my pregnancy with my girls. Im doing pretty well so far, sticking to it quite well. I have a collie and german shepard cross. Hes my walking buddy! Would love to have you as a friend. Add me if you would like to. Good Luck!!
  • Lynnella123
    Options
    wow I've had two replies in the time it took to edit my post lmao. Hi Tracy, yeah dogs are great to get you out and about, my boy would go out in a blizzard. When I figure out how to add ya I will!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! Never been to Ireland, (not yet) But I heard it's a great place. People here are awesome!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi! I love this site, everyone is so supportive and motivating!
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    welcome,
    good luck with your journey
  • slnash
    slnash Posts: 16
    Options
    Ha, ha! I totally did the same thing. I joined over a year a ago and only "looked at it" once or twice, then. In September, I got really motivated and was reminded by a family member about the awesome food diary on MFP. It has been such a WONDERFUL tool! I have been overweight my whole life, with the exception of a 5-year period when I had weight loss surgery (the OLD one before everyone started having bypass) and lost 107 pounds. It lasted about 5-years when it started creeping back on :cry: Now, surgery is no longer an option, due to insurance rules, so I am on my own. I would like to hear more about "Slimpod", though. Anything that helps is great! Is there a website I can find on the subject?

Anyways, Welcome to MFP! I wish you the best of luck!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lynn! This is a shout out hello from USA! My very good friend is returning to Ireland for New Year's vacation in a few months and I am highly jealous. Last year he went for the first time and he went with his college friend and his friiend's fiance... they had a great time and when they returned he was so hyped up and wanted to take me... but that is too much $$ for someone else to spend for me on vacation... (a whole other story!)... but he is going back this year with the same couple he went with last year and I have begged that this time I can at least get pictures!

In any case, this was meant to be a WELCOME to you! Good luck in your journey and feel free to add me too! I love this site!