New here

Options
Hi all,

My one best friend told me about MFP as I was telling her I use Sparkpeople.
So I joined here, and even got the Android App!
I'm 1 year 3 days post op from my gastric bypass surgery and down 95 lbs :)
I began at 335. I am 240 now. :)

I work out with Wii games (Just Dance 2, Zumba Fitness, Wii fit plus) and walking outdoors. :)

God bless,
Heather

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You are going to love it here. The database is huge. :flowerforyou:
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Welcome BflowMum, I love it here. I'm sort of new here. I started here a long time ago and gave up. Now I'm back. I re-started on 11/18/11. My husband kept trying to talk me into the bypass surgery but I really wanted to try to do it with diet first. I'm sure he rolled his eyes as I've tried it umpteen times now. I guess I'm a little afraid of bypass surgery. Sounds like it is really working for you. I'm glad :). I see you are now 240 pounds. That is very close to what I started here. I started at 236.6 pounds, or so and just weighed today at 228.8 pounds. I'm going to friend you if you don't mind. Oh yea, i use to work out with Wii. Now that it is winter I should really pull it out again. Boy will that wii guy yell at me when he sees how much i gained.
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    Welcome!!! I am also a fellow Spark'er and MFP surpassed them by miles..... MFP is amazing, and I love it here!! I came here and never went back to Spark =)

Welcome to MFP, pull up a chair, grab your water, and explore the endless possibilities!!!

You can add me as a friend if you'd like =)
  • FATBARRA
    FATBARRA Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am also on Spark People but I like this sight best.

Keep up the good work.:happy:
  • Indygyrl
    Options
    Welcome Heather! Good luck to you....looks like you are doing great!! You will love the Android App...I also use a scanner with mine to scan UPC codes....it pulls all the nutritional info right into MFP for you!
  • takeanmbr
    Options
    New here too and see so many positives to this program! I have "talked" the fitness route but as the previous post said,"if you want to get anywhere,get up and MOVE! love it! Goal is 10-15 pounds....more would be better BUT 147 is goal weight!