Need support and accountability

Options
Am not new to dieting, but am new to MFP. I am very bad at motivating myself and keeping myself accountable. I am hoping that by joining this website, your posts will keep me going. Am excited to be here!

Replies

• Violetrascal
    Options
    Hey Mary, Im Maria. I am in the same boat with you. motivation stays with me for like 3 days and then away it goes, today is day #3, I had a baby in April, I was on the site last year and was losing weightgreat, then found out I was pregnant, go figure. so Iam starting again.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You are going to love it here. When ever you feel like being bad just log on and tell us. We'll help you through.:flowerforyou:
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you want to add me I will help you
  • kathott
    kathott Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....i think you will find this site a wonderful tool for your new life journey. Most people on here dont say
    we are dieting....you are not dieting, you are making a new life choice!!! diet implies there is an end! this has to be a life
    commitment!
    Please feel free to add me as a friend and I will try very hard to support. I could not have done what I have done without
    my MFP peeps! they have truly become friends!!

Take care and good luck!!!
    Kathleen
  • crr7
    crr7 Posts: 17
    Options
    I think many of us have problems with staying motivated. MFP helps just by logging what you eat and your exercise BUT of course getting support of "friends" helps even more. I tried to get some of my friends and family (who were making life changes as well) to join MFP but they would not :( but I will do this!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    You have acknowledged your challenges..... and still have that great determination!!!! Take care of one meal at a time, one day at a time. You have the strength to do this!!!! Ready, set.....GO!!!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary and welcome! I really think you will do well here...please feel free to add me if you like, we are all here to help each other!:flowerforyou:
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Welcome! So glad you joined us; you will love this site. It keeps me accountable and I always have people to answer the many questions that inevitably come up while changing a lifestyle. It sounds like you have a great supporter in your sister. Best of luck!
  • moonfleur75
    Options
    Hi Mary! I feel the same way and need all of the support and accountability partners I can get. I am looking at this as a lifestyle change and am on the road to being a healthier person. I know I feel better and have more energy when I eat healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend. The more friends and accountability partners I have the better my chances of succeeding!
    Michelle