A few NSVs since I've lost weight

Options
davidlbass
davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
I have gone from a size 38 waist to a size 34. I can squeeze into a 33 but it was a little too tight and muffin top for comfort. Had a cold spell here this week so reached into the closet to pull out my jacket and the darn thing was huge. Went to the doctor for my annual physical. Last year I was obese, had elevated blood pressure and high cholesterol. Started on medication. This year I am overweight but coming down, blood pressure was normal, resting heart rate was 61 and cholesterol was normal, borderline excellent range. Off the medications!!!! Asked the doctor to take a look at the pain in my left knee. Turns out to be some minor arthritis but I am cleared to keep running. He asked me about my diet and exercise, told him I was running, swimming, biking, weights, walking, etc. Whatever I can squeeze in. He asked if I had any chest pain, nope no chest pain. He orders up an EKG just so they can get a baseline. Okay, I'm not sure the EKG was a NSV or not.

Replies

• Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    congratulations to you. job well done. :wink:
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Gotta love the surprise NSV like pulling out something you haven't worn in a while only to find out it now fits or is too big. : )
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    That is so fantastic. i am very excited for you. Getting off the meds is so HUGE!! Thanks for sharing. :happy:
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    this may sound bad...what is NSV?
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is what I like to hear!! You're putting the "fit" in Fitness Pal!

Btw NSV means non-scale victory! It's not all about the pounds.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    okay....now that make sense!! Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!