Mental NSV

Options
So I'm fairly new to this but wanted to share my NSV. I realized, finally, that there are no short cuts!! I've been trying to find "quick" things to eat, mostly for breakfast and lunch. I've tried almost every frozen meal there is. My victory this morning after a frozen breakfast is that they just don't fill me. I was actually mad that I "wasted" 250 calories on something that didn't make me nearly as satisfied as my usual yogurt and hard boiled egg whites. Lunches are more calories and sodium then a lettuce,turkey, pickle wraps I love. I can have 3 of those for less calories, sodium and carbs then any frozen meal and I am much more satisfied after!

This may seem minor to most but to me, it's huge! I've actually changed my thinking and WANT to think ahead and eat better!

Replies

• sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    I love the turkey, lettece, pickle wraps. Especially since I found 100 calorie tortillas for wraps.:happy:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It feels good seeing food in a whole new way, doesn't it? Have fun!! :drinker: (water)
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Probably easier on the budget too. :) Eating right is 80% of it!
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Lightbulb moment!!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling to get to know yourself better. Well done!
  • worthashot73
    worthashot73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. I love this site and all of the helpful information, motivation and support!
  • kat07op
    kat07op Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think that is awesome!!! I too have recently started to make smaller changes like planning ahead for what I will eat, making it a little harder to cheat. ;) Keep up the good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!