Were there weeks that you didn't lose weight?

Options
Has anyone had weeks where they didn't lose weight when you stuck to your calorie diet (stayed under) and exercised but you got no weight loss results? If so did you lose weight the next week or did you just find that you lost "inches" instead of weight?

Replies

• pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just this last week no weight loss. Stayed on track I weigh in on Wed. am . I let you know. they say sometimes you need to change your workout routine. Keep on track.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Yes, that has happened to me, quite a few times. I will usually lose the next week. One of my friends on here suggested I start tracking my weight daily because your body has a flow. And when you realize what the pattern is, you know when you will probably lose, and when you won't.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Stalls are typical, especially as you lose weight. Once your body gets used to deprivations in calories, it stops responding as well or if you are eating too few calories (netting less than 1200) it will hold onto everything because it's being deprived of fuel. The secret to getting out of the slump (and this is going to sound counterintuitive) is to increase your net calorie intake. Try it for a week and see. :)

Good luck!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Yes.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Happens a lot. It always happens the first 1-2 weeks of lifting weights for me as well.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Since I really started working on losing this weight (around mid June) I have had 3 weeks with out weight loss. They were either after a week where I lost 4 lbs or before. I think some plateaus are normal.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    So often this is the case. It seems to happen more with people who are closer to their goal weight. I have been at this since January but as I am fairly close to my goal weight loss has been very slow for me. Of course I have had off weeks but I don't count those. Often on a good week where I do not lose I just bump up my wate intake and the weight will lower a bit the next week or two. Definatly keep measuring, pay attention to how your clothes are fitting, and maybe concider weighing just once a month. I have started doing this and it actually motivates me better. If I weigh daily or weekly and the scale is not moving my brain tends to make excuses and tell me I can work it off next week. If I weigh monthly there is no excuse, if I have not followed my calorie goal and exercise the number will suck after 30 days but if I do well, I have accomplished something even if the move is small. Good luck, keep at it!!
  • TrishKennett
    Options
    I think so - lost brillliantly for first 3 weeks, then very sluggish this week. Weigh- in tomorrow at my doctor's so we will see if lost anything at all. BTW, I am menopausal, so have not suffered TOM for approx 6 months. Not sure though if the sequence still affects bloating/no weight loss, as I have certainly experienced that. Have been riigid on calorie counting - always significiantly under - and varying my exercise with help from trainers at my local gym. Would appreciate any thoughts...
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Has happened to be quite a few times. I would increase my calories for a couple days and bring it down after those days, then the following week I'll drop a pound. Your body gets used to things, so changing it up will help.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Way too many times *sigh*. But nearly always lose the week after as long as I stick with it and don't go face first into a chocolate cake :laugh:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Yes, I seem to lose in spurts. Sometimes I go a couple of weeks without losing but then I lose a pound a day for a few days in a row.
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes, I personally don't lose consistently although I excercise and stay within my calories. I'll lose like 4lbs all at once though.
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight in almost 2 weeks now, but I'm going to try harder and continue to work to get to my goal.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! In the beginning I didn't lose much at all,went over month without losing. That's when I started eating a bit more, about 1500 calories a day w/ exercise. Then it came off easily until now. But I've made lots of changes, I'm careful about what I eat, I've cut way back on alcohol and I exercise daily. The rest will come off, but I've come to realize it will take time.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yes, I personally don't lose consistently although I excercise and stay within my calories. I'll lose like 4lbs all at once though.

Ha...wouldn't we all??? :wink:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I usually lose one week then stall the next. It's strange but I'm happy with that for now.
  • carey1932
    carey1932 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, just had 3 wks in a row with no weight loss, then this week was 2.5 lbs. Just keep at it......do what you're supposed to do.............your body is adjusting.............then the weight loss will start up again.

In the meantime, you have made good food choice & ate healthly and developed good lifelong habits that will helpt keep it off.

Hang in there!
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Ha...wouldn't we all??? :wink:

I meant I lose nothing for weeks and then one week I lose 4 pounds, then nothing for weeks again. I don't lose weekly.
  • MoMo41
    MoMo41 Posts: 8
    Options
    My BIG FEAR
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    No, but I've had like 2-3 days where I didn't lose weight on the scale.... but then there's big losses after these stagnant days :).