best HRM?

Options
researching HRMs!
going to look on Amazon and Ebay and see what kind of a deal I can get.

What HRM do YOU use, and what do you like about it?
What should I look for in a HRM to get the most out of it?

I've read other threads about ones that come with a watch where you can input all of your info to get the most accurate report. I definately want to be sure the HRM is accurate and worth the money I pay for it.

All of your input is MUCHO appreciated!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    researching HRMs!
    going to look on Amazon and Ebay and see what kind of a deal I can get.

What HRM do YOU use, and what do you like about it?
    What should I look for in a HRM to get the most out of it?

I've read other threads about ones that come with a watch where you can input all of your info to get the most accurate report. I definately want to be sure the HRM is accurate and worth the money I pay for it.

All of your input is MUCHO appreciated!!:flowerforyou:
  • livinwell
    livinwell Posts: 47
    Options
    I have a Reebok one that I purchased on Buy.com for $29.99 and I LOVE IT! It has the chest strap and a watch. It seems very accurate when I check it against my elliptical machine. :happy:
  • machonregier
    Options
    Does the reebok one let you input your info - like weight and age? Because the price sure sounds right if it comes up on Buy.com again!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have the Reebok Precision XT.
    Watch and chest strap.
    You set up a profile (age, height, weight, etc).
    On the CHRONO setting, hit START and begin your exercise, hit STOP when you finish.
    Shows you time exercised, calories burned, min and max heart rates, and a lot of other numbers I never bother to look at.
    I :love: mine!! Had it since 08/08/08. Use it every workout, Monday - Friday.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    That Reebok thing sounds exactly like my Polar F4 ... except I paid more for my F4, hehe.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I love my polar f-6 so far I have had good results with it.
  • joyblaylock
    joyblaylock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT40 and the Reebox Precision XT. I love them both--I gave hubby the Reebok and kept the cute green Polar for me--I found that both do a good job and provide good info.
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I second the ft40, it is easy to use I set up with no problems ( I had to have one of my students help me set my digital watch)

Karen
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT40 and the Reebox Precision XT. I love them both--I gave hubby the Reebok and kept the cute green Polar for me--I found that both do a good job and provide good info.

Yeah, the Reebok isn't cute by any stretch of the imagination.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    ACK! I can't make up my mind if I want to go for the reebok one or get the polar f7. It sounds like the pretty much do the same thing.. Anyone know of any major differences?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I too have been researching HRM. They are SUPER cheap on Ebay so I would look there before I bought one on Amazon.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Reebok! I'm really excited and can't wait for it to arrive. I'm really curious to see what I burn compared to the machines.

Do you need to wet the strap on the Reebok like you need to do on the Polar??
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I bought the Reebok last night too! I got it on ebay for $44. It was better than the $105 I was going to pay for the F7. I hope that I made the right choice. I can't WAIT to get it!