Water intake

Options
This might be a silly question BUT ...what is the actual measurement for a 'glass' of water? Is it a standard metric cup, ie 250ml ?

Replies

• cmlock
    cmlock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This might be a silly question BUT ...what is the actual measurement for a 'glass' of water? Is it a standard metric cup, ie 250ml ?
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Generally it is 8 ounces! I had to look that one up too!

Check this website out:

http://www.professorshouse.com/family/health/drink-water-per-day.aspx

It kind of tells you about water intake and how much each person should be taking in!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just read this morning that we need to cosume 50% of our weight in water. Wouldnt that be a lot of water? Lets see I'm figureing about 100 oz. for me. Wow now I guess you know what I weigh..
  • Sarie
    Sarie Posts: 17
    Options
    why oh why do I hate water??? WOE is moi!!! :noway:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    You're correct it's 250ml (or 8 ounces) and really that not a big glass. Most people drink water from a larger glass and actually nearly double their water intake. However, the best rule of thumb than drinking a specified number of glasses each day is to pay attention to your body's demand for it.

The upside about drinking water through out the day is that it gets your body used to flushing the impurities from it and in that it aids the dieting process. If you get into a regular routine of drinking water and then go for a day on minimal water you will immediately notice the difference.
  • cmlock
    cmlock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanx everyone...you answered my Q