Newbie looking for friends

Options
I am new to MFP and so far I love the site. Am looking for friends to help maintain my motivation and keep me accountable. I tend to lose my motivation and end up "cheating" after a few days. I am not my best accountability partner.

I've always struggled with my weight and am now looking at this as my journey to being healthy, not dieting! I figured that I need as much support as I can get.

Replies

• karenCalandro
    Options
    I'm new too!! just started a couple days ago. I'd add you but dont know how. LOL
  • moonfleur75
    Options
    no worries, i'll add you
  • lorijohnson1999
    Options
    I am looking for freinds to help with my journey also you can add me if you would like.....:smile:
  • wendy3456
    wendy3456 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just as new, and looking to lose about 45 pounds as well. I know WHAT to do, but also lose motivation after a few day. Would love to try to do better together
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!! I have been here since October 23,2011..So, you can say I am new...lol Add me, I would love your motivation and I will also motivate you...There are great ways on here to stay motivated like joining a group or making your own group..Groups are great motivators such as they have challenges,positive competitions,and making great connections with others.. ...Stay in powered.....
  • Firefoot85
    Options
    Please add me, I started a week or two ago and definitely need some people to help keep me accountable. Thanks!
  • AliMatt27
    Options
    I'm also new to this site...feel free to add me. This seems to be sticking for me I cannot believe how much I can eat and still stay on track.
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    I have good days and bad, but I find this site and my friends very helpful and encouraging!
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Same here all! Joined 20 days ago and lost 6 lbs so far, but I love the motivation I get from friends. It's what keeps me going and keeps me coming to this site. Add me if you'd like =)
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! This is a great site for tools, motivation and support! Feel free to add me, we can never have too much support ;)
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Welcome!
    Feel free to add me, toghether we can do this!
  • Cathy98
    Options
    I am new to this site. I have tried just about every diet their is. I find that if I write down what I eat I don't cheat as much. hello fellow newbies.:smile:
  • Lose69lbs
    Lose69lbs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I Added you we all need friend to help us with the journey.
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me!
  • juliequilts2
    Options
    Well Im getting all my ducks in a row and will be starting tomorrow. I know whats wrong with today? But I'm looking at tomorrow to be the first day of a healthy me. I stepped on the scale the other day and saw a number that I never thought I would weigh. Lots of excuses why, but it all comes down to I eat to much and exercise to little. So Ill encourage you if you will encourage me.
  • moonfleur75
    Options
    juliequilts: absolutely, we can be a support to each other. I know you can do it. My official day 1 was today. I know my hardest day is going to be day 8. I have never made it past that.
  • suzishoe
    suzishoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Suzi... just started 3 minutes ago! Lol Weighed myself and cannot believe I am at 240 lbs. Think I have been in denial for a while. My husband used this site and loved it. I have decided it is finally time to do the same.

My goal is to lose approximately 80 lbs. So, I have a long way to go. Most of my weight came from stress eating. Now things have calmed down, I realize that I actually have time to work on my health as well. Being Mom, wife, co-worker, student, etc. I realize how difficult it is to balance everything and still maintain yourself.

I am going to finally attempt what everyone says you have to do to lose weight... eat less, exercise more. Actually I am really glad to finally be able to have the time to do so.

I will check in periodically. I wish you and everyone else who is checking in for the first time all the best in meeting their goals.
  • ddarnall
    Options
    add me also! i do not have any friends on here and need help losing weight! i have always been very little. Last year this time i weighted 103 and now i weigh 125!!! college did this to me! and i have no clue have to lose weight!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome!