HCG Diet???

Options
Have you heard of the HCG diet? Have you tried the HCG diet? I just started it, and I wanted feed back from anybody who may have tried it. Where you successful, and did your weight stay off?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm not really in favor of it. I think people lose weight on it b/c they are starving their bodies. JMO.
  • TAMEKAHARDY
    TAMEKAHARDY Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, there.. Yes, I have done two rounds on it.. It is ok for quick weight loss.. But you will have to maintain it and keep losing otherwise it will come back and fast... I used the drops and they worked just fine... If you have fb, anytime you have a question, do a search for Liquid HCG Diet, and they will answer whatever you ask, even if you are not buying there product.. But DO NOT WORKOUT while doing the 500 calories... I have some info to send you on it.. If you would like.. Just send me your email address.. People say it is bad but Dr. Oz says it is ok..
  • hbdub7
    hbdub7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Starvation diet!!! You will gain it back plus some for sure!
  • Sabineslims
    Options
    I think it's another fad diet. Health is not packed in to a little pill. I've had friends do it and lose 5 or 10 pounds to quickly gain them back. Save your money and just start eating right and exercising. It's THAT simple. It's a mind set. Otherwise, if it were that easy, there wouldn't be so many over weight and unhealthy people in the world.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Most people on this site are vehemently opposed to this. It has been proven to be unhealthy.

There is a support thread here, though, since you have already decided to use this method.

If you use the search function, you will see numerous threads with many responses and a lot of information for you. Get comfy - there is a LOT to read!
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    I don't know what this HCG this is but all I know is that "diet" is behind therefore you will prolly lose weight but you will gain it back guarantee. Count your calories and eat and do some exercise don't torment your body. Your just counteracting the goal.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    ****Grabbing popcorn and getting comfy on couch*****Here we go!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    OP: Lets think about this for a moment please.

This is a diet where you take a supplement of sorts, and restrict yourself to 500kcals.

Does this sound like a good idea? I'm not saying this with the intent to be a d1ck. It's a legitimate question. Does a 500kcal diet that recommends NO exercise, sound like an intelligent protocol?

EDIT: Hell, HCG makes shakeology seem like a good investment, that's how bad it is.

Yeah, I went there.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do this personally, but I'm not rude and unsupportive to those who wish to do it. It's your choice, your body.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    ****Grabbing popcorn and getting comfy on couch*****Here we go!

Make some room. I brought my own pop-corn.

popcorn-279x300.gif
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I know, is this yesterdat? I thought I was having de ja vuuu!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the HCG diet? Have you tried the HCG diet? I just started it, and I wanted feed back from anybody who may have tried it. Where you successful, and did your weight stay off?

Yes. No. I wish you would reconsider. Yes*. Yes*.

*I used the eat the correct amount diet, and some exercising.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Hello, there.. Yes, I have done two rounds on it.. It is ok for quick weight loss.. But you will have to maintain it and keep losing otherwise it will come back and fast... I used the drops and they worked just fine... If you have fb, anytime you have a question, do a search for Liquid HCG Diet, and they will answer whatever you ask, even if you are not buying there product.. But DO NOT WORKOUT while doing the 500 calories... I have some info to send you on it.. If you would like.. Just send me your email address.. People say it is bad but Dr. Oz says it is ok..

First of all, Dr. Oz does NOT say its ok! Second of all "Dr. Oz says its ok" is a lame *kitten* reason to do something. And last, well,nevermind.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

First of all, Dr. Oz does NOT say its ok! Second of all "Dr. Oz says its ok" is a lame *kitten* reason to do something. And last, well,nevermind.

Dr. Oz gave me bad financial advice. And he doesn't like dogs.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am typing this from the toilet. I figured I'd share that since no matter what any of us type, the HCG bandwagon will still say we "don't know how the HCG protocol really works!" so why bother with a sound argument?
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please adhere to the following community forum guideline:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

ALL posts need to be mutually respectful, while allowing the debate of differing opinions.

We are trying our best not to over-moderate, but if a thread continues to get complaints, the value of keeping it active versus the amount of time spent by our volunteer moderators adjudicating complaints is considered, as well as the value of the content within the thread itself.

Thanks for understanding and please keep the spirit of mutual respect in mind on future postings. Please use the Report Post button and write your comments for a moderator to review instead of posting in the thread if you think another user is out of line.

Respectfully,
    _Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    I'm all for people's input and any helpful info people may have, that's why I asked the question, I hadn't heard of this diet until about a week ago, so I wanted info from people who may know more about it, especially those who may have done it. Obviously there is no such thing as a quick fix, and it takes effort to lose and keep off weight, that's not what I asked.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'm all for people's input and any helpful info people may have, that's why I asked the question, I hadn't heard of this diet until about a week ago, so I wanted info from people who may know more about it, especially those who may have done it. Obviously there is no such thing as a quick fix, and it takes effort to lose and keep off weight, that's not what I asked.

In addition to the three links I gave you earlier about it, have a look at these links:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-hcg-for-weight-loss

http://blogs.webmd.com/whats-new/2011/04/are-fad-diets-worth-the-risk.html

http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2010/12/diet-scam-101-the-hcg-con.html
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    People say it is bad but Dr. Oz says it is ok..

Not that Dr. Oz is a ringing endorsement in the first place, but I saw his show and he wasn't a big fan. He said if you must try it, to do so under a doctor's care and not buy any of the fake drops you'll find elsewhere.