I'm so happy :)

Options
jazzalea
jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
I was doing my morning work out this morning which consists of dancing around in front of the mirror with my hair brush and the tunes cranked full blast when I realized that I actually LOVE my body!

For the first time ever in my life I can look in the mirror and even though it's far from perfect I am so proud of the work I've done and the way my body is coming back to life that I honestly stopped dancing, hugged myself and started crying.....

For years I looked at people and said if I could have that body I would be so happy..... and now I do!

Please Please Please don't ever give up!..... When I started I could hardly move, walking to the car was an effort and climbing the stairs were something I avoided at all costs.... now I'm DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Dance dance dance! That is so spectacular. Looking in your own mirror and seeing a body that you can say "I wish I had that body" is a fantastic win. Fantastic! Wish no more, you've done the work yourself and found what you were looking for, self respect.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    How amazing for you, I am so glad you love yourself far too many people on here don't like themselves and run themselves down all the time and that can be damaging in so many ways.

When I saw how much weight you had lost I was truly impressed well done you deserve to love yourself. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm happy for you. I hope to have a similar feeling some day. :)
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is really good!! Loving your body increases self confidence.. it has mine!!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!
  • vz11
    vz11 Posts: 58
    Options
    Congrats you're an inspiration. :smile:
  • samantha0176
    samantha0176 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    wow 134lb lost...that is all of me plus 2lb! u should be proud!! way to go!!! i am glad u love your body it is something that i still have to learn to do..well maybe when i lose 10lb and lots of jiggle :o)

(and i do the same thing...dance while i am getting ready in the morning...my kids used to look at me like i am a freak...but now they are used to it...)

samantha
  • DGomez22
    Options
    Congrats!! Great job, I can't wait to have that feeling.
  • jazzalea
    Options
    Thanks!

I honestly never thought I would be happy with my body... .I've hated it for so long and done everything to hide it......I completely broke down when I realized I was actually comfortable in my own body. I KNOW I'm going to buy a 2 piece bathing suit for next summer and if I'm still a little chubby I won't even care!.........

I just wanted everyone here to know it, so that you can find your way here too..... I am floating!
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! a tear jerker...that's what it's all about...Loving Yourself inspite of imperfections. Congrats!!! Dance like no one is watching:smile:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! 134lbs is a huge accomplishment!! I am so proud for you and the wonderful feelings you are having with this hard work YOU did. Have a wonderful day and Dance, Dance, Dance!!!! :drinker:
  • Mandymoos93
    Options
    This is wonderful! I'm so happy for you :)
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Awww, this brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy for you!!
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    that is beautiful :)
  • sahalley
    sahalley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story you are an inspiration :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful post!
  • 4me2day
    4me2day Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank You! A great inspiration to keep us going this week!!! You Rock!
  • jazzalea
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!