Questions about calories?

Options
I'm sure its been asked dozens of times on here, but I am new so I haven't seen it. Okay, if your on a 1200 calorie diet, and say you burn 600 at the gym. Does that mean you can eat 1800 calories that day and still loose the 1 lb a week?

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes it does! Woo hoo!
  • nuttytart770223
    nuttytart770223 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ab-so-lutely
    It makes exercising worthwhile

I have been doing this for 8 months and have lost 52lbs so it must work!!
  • aminakhan1980
    aminakhan1980 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wow. So, I can have a couple slices of pizza today?!? I'm excited and will enjoy every bite!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    This is a reason why a lot of people exercise! Purely as it gives them more licence to eat! :D
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I read the listings above, and I'm not sure. for me that means that I have to eat 3,000 calories. Will not eating hurt me? any one that has experience in this matter plz help.
    :ohwell:
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    when you put in your activity level...that should calculate your energy expenditure and tell you how many calories to eat. I work out 5- 6 days a week/play sports. to keep my same weight 150 I need to eat 1990 calories. I cut 25 % of my calories and vary how many I eat in a week (3 low days 1 high) I never go below 1350 on low days and never go above 1990 days (these are not NET calories). I don't eat back my exercise calories...b/c that is my deficit. It's up to you, but if your eating your required calories and/or cutting 500 or 20-25 % of your total to lose weight. You should be getting enough fuel.
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    im not sure I understood so I can eat up to the 3000 calories but not every time. if i don't eat the 3000 calories will I continue to loose weight? my average lost has been about 2 lbs per 4 weeks not 1lbs per week like I wanted. :ohwell:
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    This is a reason why a lot of people exercise! Purely as it gives them more licence to eat! :D

this is my reason lol