Wii Fit Scale

Options
Does anyone know how accurate the Wii Fit scale is? I generally use my regular bathroom scale, but it doesn't weigh in oz. I noticed my Wii Fit scale weighs me about close to 2 lbs. less than my regular scale (since I started comparing the two). I, OF COURSE, would like to take credit for the lower weight, but no sure how accurate it is.

Anyone else done any comparisons?

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Wii fit scale is ALL I use. Seems accurate to me, and if you use the same scale everytime, doesnt matter to me if its off a little as long as its consistant.
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do you use your Wii Fit Scale on a carpeted or a hard surface? That may make a difference.
  • adietz0227
    Options
    I use to go to Weight watchers meetings.. and I would weight myself on the wii before i went tosee how accurate it was to the scale at WW and it was always on or at the most .2 off and that could have been me drinking water on the way or something stupid i didnt think about!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Many scales weight different than others, so just use the same scale everytime to see your progress.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You cannot guarantee the accuracy of any scale unless it is recalibrated every 3-6 months....

I use my wii fit as a scale and on a week to week basis I think it is fairly accurate

The trick is always to use the same scale so that you are comparing like to like and you can track your loss.

Lucy
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    my wii fit weighs almost 10 pounds difference compared to any other scale. not sure if it is because its on carpet or what. I don't go by it ever...I would either try to find another scale or use the dr's....just a thought. Don't try weighing too often anyway- it at least makes me crazy- my mood is so affected by the numbers:)
  • otherwyse
    otherwyse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My WiiFit scale matches my bathroom scale and my doctor's office scale ... :smile:
  • aimeerowe91
    Options
    I never trusted the Wii Fit scale. It always weighed me less than my bathroom scales and I never knew what to put when it asked how much my clothes weighed!
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    I dont know, i've used the same scale for over 6yrs...when I dont like the number's, i start swearing the battery needs replacing ! LOL
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    mine varies depending on if its on hard floor, soft floor, or if those legs ext are on it. if you do it the same every time, then you can totally still take the loss. if its your first time... make sure its on hard floor, or those legs if carpet. carpet can make you lose lbs instantly. so can, as i found out and was very sad one day, if anything gets under it. i lost like 7 lbs once when i didn't notice my hubbs flip flop under part of mine. i was sad to know it was not true.
  • Partyofpugs
    Options
    I've been told to use the same scale, the same day and same time each week. I currently weigh in the mornings before food. I found that if I weigh in the afternoon I'm a couple of pounds heavier. So maybe pick one and stick with it. Good luck!
  • melmiller91
    melmiller91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this too. I use the wiifit scale all the time. I guess in the long run it doesn't matter if it's off by any as long as you use your starting weight from the same scale. Either way you've still lost the same amount of pounds, if that makes sense. It's kind of discouraging when I get on another scale and my weight is higher than the wiifit, so I try to stick with just the same one.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse and the only way to be sure is to take a weight and weigh that on one of the scales to see which is the most accurate. I use a weight watcher scale and mine is exact. I use a 10 pound weight. That is how i make sure my scale for work is accurate.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Wii fit and my bathroom scale are right on.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse and the only way to be sure is to take a weight and weigh that on one of the scales to see which is the most accurate. I use a weight watcher scale and mine is exact. I use a 10 pound weight. That is how i make sure my scale for work is accurate.

i never thought of that
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options

Never thought of that. I'll have to try it and see which is more accurate.

Thanks everyone! :happy: my Wii Fit is on a hard surface, but I've always used my bathroom scale weight. Don't know how accurate that one is either. Didn't notice the Wii Fit and bathroom scale were different really because I generally only weigh myself once a week on my bathroom scale. But yesterday I weighed on the Wii Fit and then immediately on my other scale and that's when I noticed the difference.

Going to try the suggestion above and see which is most accurate.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I found something odd.. I usually go through full body test when I do weigh-in and had to select -4lb clothes to get same weight as bathroom scale.. even though I weighed naked.

one time i was in rush so just did the quick weigh and it weighed me 2 lb lighter! .. I wasn't sure so tried a different game that weighed in kg... that also worked out 2 lb lighter than my bathroom scales, usually they are heavier so I'm not sure what I did differently that day!
  • tanias001
    tanias001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like my wii fit scales the best even though its a pain to set up all the time.
    i like them because tyhey tell me where I am at in regards to being over weight or obeise normal scales
    don't tell you that.
    When i first starting using th wii scales I was obeise (boohoo) now after losing 15 kilos, I am now just above over weight (yeehaa) . My wii fit scales love me..lol