Thighs and Butt - HELP!

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
My biggest trouble areas are my inner and back thighs, and my butt! Can anyone give me some great workouts to tone those chunky areas? I already do the elliptical, leg press, leg curls, extensions, tons of lunges, and back extensions where I squeeze my butt cheeks tight. I know that squats are good for all areas of the body especially the butt, but I have a hard time doing those. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    Options
    My biggest trouble areas are my inner and back thighs, and my butt! Can anyone give me some great workouts to tone those chunky areas? I already do the elliptical, leg press, leg curls, extensions, tons of lunges, and back extensions where I squeeze my butt cheeks tight. I know that squats are good for all areas of the body especially the butt, but I have a hard time doing those. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options

Have you tried fast walking/jogging/running? I've been jogging for a few months now and my legs and butt are toning up nicely. Although, I do the elliptical almost every day, too.
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    Since I have been doing the stationary bike at the gym I have been losing inches off my hips.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    run!!!--- that is a typical trouble spot for females- Hit the treadmill and run works great on the lower body. I hate running but have been getting my behind on the treadmill and running for so many minutes to fast walking so many minutes and alternating the entire workout- And continue to do your strength/weight training. squats are awesome, walking lunges, just work on your form to make sure your doing it correctly.
  • Starchaser
    Options
    To target your glutes, try lateral lunges or squats with a medicine ball above your head.

I'm a big fan of the hack squat. Take a barbell and hold it behind you, just below your butt. Squat down, then back up. This shifts the weight distribution backward placing more emphasis on your rear end.

Thighs, look to train both quads and hamstrings equally. Lunges, squats and curls are good, so just stick with them.
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    well for me personally my thighs have really toned up dong alot of squats and lots of walking. Just remember that it is going to take time!! :grumble: :grumble: I do the Biggest Loser workouts and they really helped me tone up my legs and bum. Still a work in progress but we are getting there! Good Luck!
    jenny
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Thanks to all for the advice! I like the squats with the bar under your butt, and I plan to start running more.

thanks again!