how to maintain the new weight

Options
I am sooooooo close to getting to my goal weight - only 3.5 lbs left to go! I am hoping to have them gone in the next 3 weeks. But now I am thinking ahead to how I am going to make sure I don't put them back on?

I have been eating 1200 calories for quite a while now - how is it going to feel to be able to eat more? or should I? I don't want to lose any more weight than these last few pounds so I think I am going to have to add some calories back in right? I have never made it to my goal before and I don't want to screw it up ya know? Should I just add 100 calories a week slowly back in and see how my body reacts or is there a gameplan somewhere out there that I don't know about?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooo close to getting to my goal weight - only 3.5 lbs left to go! I am hoping to have them gone in the next 3 weeks. But now I am thinking ahead to how I am going to make sure I don't put them back on?

I have been eating 1200 calories for quite a while now - how is it going to feel to be able to eat more? or should I? I don't want to lose any more weight than these last few pounds so I think I am going to have to add some calories back in right? I have never made it to my goal before and I don't want to screw it up ya know? Should I just add 100 calories a week slowly back in and see how my body reacts or is there a gameplan somewhere out there that I don't know about?

• my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    if it was me i would not start adding more calories into my diet im at 1200 also and would not eat more once you loose so much weight your body doesnt need all those extra calories. id stick with the 1200
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

I've been maintaining my weight for almost 2 weeks now.
    I have gained 1 pound back but I have yet to weigh myself this week.
    I was consuming 1200 calories just like you and I am now at 1690 calories and that's without exercising. It was kinda scary for me at first to have all those calories to consume and without feeling guilty. It was a bit hard to eat 1690 cals worth so I was a few hundred short until a few days ago.
    You'll be fine. You willl gradually ease into the routine.
    Good luck!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    if it was me i would not start adding more calories into my diet im at 1200 also and would not eat more once you loose so much weight your body doesnt need all those extra calories. id stick with the 1200

No, no, no, no, no. 1200 calories will cause her to continue to lose weight. Everyone has maintenance calories they need to consume in order to stay the same weight. Once you are at your goal, you must up your calories to maintenance.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

No, no, no, no, no. 1200 calories will cause her to continue to lose weight. Everyone has maintenance calories they need to consume in order to stay the same weight. Once you are at your goal, you must up your calories to maintenance.
    She's right.
    Stay @ 1200 cals until you reach your weight goal.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Once you lose the weight, you will have to consume more to maintain. When you hit your goal, readjust your GOALS on this site and select MAINTAIN instead of losing and it will recalculate everything for you.

It also might not be a bad idea to slowly add calories back, like 100 calories per day for a week and then 100 more after that week, and so on. This way you can adjust your body to getting more food without getting sick.