Curvy Women - Help!

Options
So, I'm aiming to be in the 140s by the time I'm done losing all this weight.
But I'm just curious as to what sizes women with an hourglass shape (like me) wear, before and after weight loss.
I'm currently 5'5, 183lbs, I'm in between a size 12/14 pants and XL tops and I have a large frame.
I'm not even sure what size I'll be wearing after I'm done losing weight, I'm hoping for a size 6 and medium tops but most likely an 8 with a medium/large top.

Responses are greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I am very curvy! Definitely got some hips on me xD

Im a small top but a size 5-6 pants :explode:
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I have a large frame, and currently 179.5lbs, wearing medium tops and 12/14 pants.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    For my height (5'9), I prefer size 9... It fits me... I am also aiming for 135-140... I am currently a size 11 and can wear medium size shirts but I'm guessing by the time I reach 140 ish I should be a size 9 and wearing size small shirts.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm very curvy! Started out as >200, size 14ish, XL...

I'm currently about 146, size 4/6 bottoms, size S/M tops... You'd be surprised how quickly you drop sizes below about 160... I found it's about a size / 10lbs.
  • Misty1984
    Options
    I am currently 146lbs and I wear a size 8-10 jeans.. (depending on the brand) and I wear a Medium top.. Hope this helps.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    im an hourglass shape also, when i was smaller at my ideal weight i always wore one size up in my pants than i did my top, and always had the problem where my waist gaped but a smaller size didnt fit over my hips and thighs lol!
    these days fasion is geared to the many different body shapes though so it might be easier to shop:)
    i am currently 5ft 5in, 80kgs and an australian medium both top and bottom:)
    fingers crossed i lose weight evenly and get to move into a small all over
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Same here curvy girl. I currently weigh 176lbs wearing M tops and between 12/14 bottoms. I'm thinking when I get down to around 140lbs I should still be wearing M tops cause I'm kind of chesty, but I'm hoping to be a size 8 bottom. Oh, and I'm also 5'5''.
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and currently weigh 143. A size 10 pant fits perfectly and I still wear a L top.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    At 5'3" tall and 120lbs I wore size8/ 9 levis brand jeans and small (form fitting) t-shirts.

I definitely have wide birthing hips.

Come to think of it though, my pants pretty much fell off me so maybe I was a size 6/7 instead.
  • wannababyH
    Options
    I'm an hourglass and currently wear size 20 jeans at 235lbs. When I'm at 200lbs, I wear a size 16. I have super wide hips so size 16 is as small as I can get.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 185 lbs. 5'6" and also size 14 with a large frame and not busty at all but have hips which make my curve. lol I'm shooting for 150 Lbs. I was size 10 when I weighed 165 about 8 years ago. So I think at 140 you probably would be a size 6. Just guessing.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" with a med/large frame. I'm 133-134 lb right now (goal is 130, maybe 125) in size 6's now but they're getting a little big on me - just a little. I'm still in medium tops, but they look much better on me now than even 10-15lb ago. My photos have a reasonable amount of clothing shots if you're interested.
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    I am very curvy!! Nothing straight about this girl lol

I am 5'3"...168lbs, size 8/10 jean , size M/Lg Top.

I got the thighs, and the big ole' butt!! Been on this mission for about 6 yrs now, up and down in weight Lowest being 135, and the bubble butt & thighs aren't leaving me!! LOL I've come to accept this fact about my body...
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Haha thanks ladies! Glad our curvy shapes can unite! I'm glad that I even see some body descriptions similar to mine,this helps a lot!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Not sure what size I am now, 5'7 and 135lbs currently, but at 145 my size 10s fit pretty much perfectly, just a tiny bit loose as I like them to be. Now they are much too big. I also wear S or XS tops, depending on the brand/style.
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and at my skinniest (132 lbs) I was a bit under weight for my height and I could squeeze into size 8 pants. I have hips and there is no way to shrink bones. But this was 9 years ago when pants didn't have spandex in them. Now I can wear a size 8 at 155 lbs with all this spandex in jeans.

Stop aiming for a certain size and aim for what looks good on you. I've seen plenty of women squeeze into pants too small for them because they wanted to say they wore a size whatever, but they looked terrible in them. Had they opted for a size bigger, they would have been so much hotter.
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and at my skinniest (132 lbs) I was a bit under weight for my height and I could squeeze into size 8 pants. I have hips and there is no way to shrink bones. But this was 9 years ago when pants didn't have spandex in them. Now I can wear a size 8 at 155 lbs with all this spandex in jeans.

Stop aiming for a certain size and aim for what looks good on you. I've seen plenty of women squeeze into pants too small for them because they wanted to say they wore a size whatever, but they looked terrible in them. Had they opted for a size bigger, they would have been so much hotter.

Oh I hate that, never will I squeeze into pants that are smaller.
    If an 8 or 10 looks great on me then i'll wear it. I would LOVE to be a 6 but if I'm not after this,that's okay too.
  • knmanda
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also 5'5. I weigh 159 lbs. right now and I'm a size medium in tops and 10 in pants. It all depends on the brand though; sometimes I wear 12s in pants. I tend to carry more weight in my lower body. When I weighed 143, I remember wearing size 8 jeans and small tops.