Just want to say hello

Options
Hello from Westland, Michigan. Just another middle aged (45) fat guy who's recently got scared of dying (for what seems the 100th time). Also my wife just lost 50 pounds so maybe there's a bit of competition. Other than having about 100 pounds to lose and slightly elevated cholesterol numbers, I'm pretty healthy. I do suffer from severe varicosities in my legs (a gift from my late mother), and when my weight gets up around 350, they remind me they are there with a nasty case of phlebitis. So I have discovered the MFP app and it's the best thing that's happened to me dietwise. Good luck to everyone who's on this journey too!

Replies

• paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Michigan Eddie!
    A little competition is just what the doctor ordered, sometimes, as an effective motivator.
    My journey began almost a year ago when I started the journey with my mom. Since that day I have lost 55 lbs an my mom has lost 40.
    I agree that this site is very good for my planning and motivates me to stay disciplined.
    Be sure to be honest with your logging because without that it is hard to see patterns developing and how your body responds to changes.
    You will find a welcoming community here.
    Best to you.
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! good luck!
  • kimbim60
    kimbim60 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome Eddie, it will take you no time to catch up to your wife... just got to put in the hard work, it is most definitely worth the fight. You won't be able to get over how fast it will affect your well being. As they say in Quebec "Bonne Chance"
  • Babzl1957
    Babzl1957 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, firstly may I say welcome and you have definately come to the right place.:bigsmile: Congrats to your wife for her weight loss. I have only been a member for 2 weeks and I have lost 11 of my 100lbs, and I feel absolutely great about myself. Writing everthing down what you eat and drink is a must so if you acidently go over your calories and can't get back on track you can just look back on your diary and see what worked for you. Everyone on here is in the same boat so we are all supportive of each other, and proud in what our friends achieve. Good luck with your journey and please add me as a friend if you wish! Babz.x
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! Definitely the right place to start your journey!!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter