George foreman

Options
caroline1685
caroline1685 Posts: 80 Member
hiya i just bought a George foreman last week and need some ideas on meals i can cook on it please.

Replies

• pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    we do chicken breasts and turkey burgers on our all the time
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of melted sandwiches on it. A little cheese, turkey and mustard and 1 slice bread or Arnold's flats.

Also really great for fish dishes, bacon, eggs. Very handy.
  • kittycarson
    Options
    turkey burgers, steak, roast asparagus...they are pretty good little tools!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Everything! I love mine. I grill chicken tenders, steak, pork chops, fish, bacon, Spam...

Shrimp kabobs are good. Just use shrimp by itself & sprinkle on a little cajun seasoning, or alternate shrimp with mushrooms and red & green bell peppers.
    Grilled asparagus: mix some black pepper, some Parmesan cheese, and an egg. Cut the asparagus so the pieces are no more than 4 inches long, so they'll fit on the grill. Dip them in the egg mixture and grill for 6 minutes.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Anything that you would otherwise be cooking on the stove-top or barbecue and having to flip to cook both sides... fish... chicken... cooking from both sides should mean your meal is ready that little bit quicker. Just make sure to clean it up properly prior to first use. I had a grill ruined by a room-mate who took it upon themselves to open my brand-new grill make something and then let it sit uncleaned, never did get the crud out of that one.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    turkey burgers, steak, roast asparagus...they are pretty good little tools!

^^^This!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I'll throw turkey burritos or fajitas wrapped up like burritos on there for a minute to crisp up the tortillas and melt the little bit of cheese I add in. It makes them so much better, all warm and crunchy.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Love the Foreman Grill! I use mine for chicken, fish, burgers and veggies. If I'm by myself for dinner, I can cook the whole meal on in. I'll throw on my meat and fresh veggies and let it all cook at once. Best veggies on the grill are onions, peppers, mushrooms and zucchini.

Great sandwich: grill one whole portabella mushroom. After it's cooked place it on a sandwich round stem side up. Then top it with a drizzle of honey mustard and 2 Tbsp of your favorite grated cheese. Put the other half on top and grill the sandwich until it's crispy and the cheese is gooey. It makes me feel like I'm eating at Panera instead of watching my calories!
  • phatdiva26
    Options
    I grill my portobello mushrooms on it as well as my turkey burgers and boneless chicken breasts!!! YUMMY!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My MIL bought one a couple of years ago and cooked all their meals on it, after a few weeks she moaned it wasn't helping them lose weight.

I wasn't sure why cos she used to fry everything so I made her show me how/what she was doing. Turns out she was cooking everything correctly but then using the tray of fat that came out of the food to make gravy with:noway:

Once I had picked myself up off the floor laughing I explained where she was going wrong....no more gravy!!! :laugh:

martyxx
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    we use it for nearly everything, all kinds of meats, vegetables, fish, even garlic bread homemade
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    My MIL bought one a couple of years ago and cooked all their meals on it, after a few weeks she moaned it wasn't helping them lose weight.

I wasn't sure why cos she used to fry everything so I made her show me how/what she was doing. Turns out she was cooking everything correctly but then using the tray of fat that came out of the food to make gravy with:noway:

Once I had picked myself up off the floor laughing I explained where she was going wrong....no more gravy!!! :laugh:

martyxx

LOL. Priceless. Not a gravy tray...
  • dianaha6
    dianaha6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have a foreman grill, but everything we are cooking is coming out very dry. Hamb patties taste like cardboard. Help!!
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    We have a foreman grill, but everything we are cooking is coming out very dry. Hamb patties taste like cardboard. Help!!

One thing that helps with burgers is to take a slice or two of crustless bread, depending on how much ground meat you are using, and mash it up with a fork with just enough milk to make a paste (called a panade). Mix that in with the meat and it helps to keep it from drying out.