Weight loss using subliminals/hypnosis

Options
Have heard a lot recently about using hypnosis and/or subliminal messages to lose weight. Most recently saw a story on TV about gastric band hypnosis.
Has anyone had any experiences with these to alter the way you think etc?

Replies

• ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    i would love to know also
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    You could be hypnotized now... you never know...
  • kendallblaire
    Options
    iphone has an app for this (call me crazy, but I use their sleep hypnosis one.. it was free when I got it and it works really well.. surprisingly and as an insomniac I was the BIGGEST skeptic..) so I wouldn't be opposed to trying it.. if It wasn't five bucks. I'd love to try it out before..
  • nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    Hello...I am a believer....smile.

I had 'gastro band hypnosis' in February.....actually February 8, 2011 was my first visit to Sandi Graves in Phoenix, AZ. She and her partner, Don Rice, have a program of 6 visits. The consultation is free, and then if you are a candidate, the next 6 sessions are about you and your GASTRO BAND. I had 3 sessions (some life things got in my way and I had to go back to WA state in the mean time)...but I will tell you what has changed since then:

1. I have not eaten between meals since February.
    2. Food is not on my mind all the time.
    3. Exercise is not a bad word anymore.
    4. I don't crave food at night.
    5. I feel full much faster.
    6. I have lost 57 pounds since February 8, 2011.

Can't say it will work for everyone....but for me....again, I am a believer.

But I went looking for a program with the virtual lap band .... and I found it.....

Hope this helps....

Patti
  • kwirky1
    kwirky1 Posts: 58
    Options
    Thank you so much, nudqt. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. You see the stories on TV and never know just how much is true.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    i met someone when i attended a pulmonary rehab class who did weight loss and lap band hypnosis among other alternative therapies and did quite a bit of work for the NHS. I spoke to him in general about it and he pretty much told me that it would not work on me, not a good candidate because i was too fidgety and found it hard to relax in the class. He also said that if I ever decided to go for hypnosis (or knew anyone that wanted to) to make sure that its not a turn up, pay, and go place, he said the hypnotist needs to get to know his subject and that cannot happen on the first meeting. He said the actual "work" started on meets 2-4 and could continue for 6-8 sessions (all at the same price in his case) so anyone considering it please do shop around.