Military wife looking for buddies!!!

Options
Hello,

I just recently started working out again. I would like to lose at least 60lbs or more. This time I am doing it right and logging any food I eat/any exercises I do. I would love to have buddies on here to help my motivation and to give me any tips you might have. My husband is a Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps. We move around a lot!!! I have a 2 year old daughter named Emma. Right now he is on recruiting duty but we are about to move again because his 3 years are up. If you are familiar with the military life then you know what I am going through. Even if you aren't familiar, I would still love to have you as a buddy!!!

I started doing The Biggest Loser last chance workout DVD. I did it 5 times a week and was losing inches but no weight. I didn't keep a food journal at all ;-// I was so motivated I though nothing would bring me down. THEN, I hurt my knee while getting out of bed haha... Had an MRI, showed fluid on knee but nothing torn. SO the ortho doctor thinks I pulled a ligament. I had to take a break from working out and started back exercising 2 weeks ago. He said take it slow but I am stubborn. I tried the last chance workout I was previously doing and my knee started killing me. SO, my elliptical or walking are my options for weight loss. I have been losing inches but not much weight. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Anyone interested in being a buddy?

Replies

• MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    The more the merrier! I would love to have you as a buddy! Best of luck to you!! :bigsmile:
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Military wife here!! Were currently in Ft. Rucker, AL but he will be going to Korea the first week of December and since me and my 2 year old daughter can't go, were going to move to Texas. So familiar with moving constantly. Feel free to add me!!
  • PlaySchool
    PlaySchool Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Australian Navy spouse here, add me if you like. I have a little 3 year old.:smile:
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me as friend!

If you are working out, you may be building muscles which weighs more then fat. Have you thought about taking your bust, waist and hip measurements once a week and recording them on here? Sometimes you will loose inches but the scale doesn't move as much.

Try that for the next couple of weeks and see the results. It will also keep you motivated. I was ready to give up because of the scale and then I started the measurements and it has helped keep my motivation going!
  • WesleyW4
    Options
    Had the same problem but once I started watching my meals, basicly cooking everything homemade start to help me. Trying to get back to my old military wieght.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    army wife here! currently w/ the hubs at Camp Humphreys, South Korea

we just got here maybe 6 months ago, so about 18 months to go. Its definitely hard moving around all the time, but i really enjoy the changes it gives you. Korea is so different, its like an adventure every day. Its hard to count calories, but MFP is an amazing tool, so just commit to using it and you'll succeed. I'll send you a friend request, motivation from friends (and a place to vent, ask questions too) is soo helpful!
  • kjones3535
    Options
    I am not a military wife but am trying to lose weight too. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • nisa80
    nisa80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. Life of being a military wife is about to come to an end (hubby getting out soon).
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Retired Navy Wife here. You can add me if you would like...
  • eep610
    eep610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wife of retired navy man. We didn't marry until he was almost out of the service but I'm familiar with what you are going through. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MollyMeghan5
    MollyMeghan5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm an Air Force wife, you can add me!
  • manderz425
    manderz425 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not a military wife but looking for some buddies, too. : ) Please add me if you'd like.