Feel like i'm going nowhere!

Options
This week was my best diet so far, and i exercised 5 times this week yet didn't lose a single gram! In 3 weeks i've only lost 1 kg and that was all in the first 2 weeks! Sometimes i just think why am i even bothering?

This week im back at the gym after 9 months and im hoping this speeds up the weightloss

Anyone have any tips that have really helped them lose the weight?

I've cut out all processed foods except white rice eating ALOT more vegies, drinking water. The only thing i can think of that is bad is my sugar intake and caffine, i still drink coffee (skim milk and artificial sugar) and i have muesli and yoghurt for breakfast which pumps up the sugar count.

I need some advice!

Please add me too if you want

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, your Asian Chicken broth is killing you in sodium. You need to find something that you like to eat that doesn't have so much sodium. If you weighed the next day after going over 1000 mg in sodium, that would explain your weight gain. It is retaining water.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, your Asian Chicken broth is killing you in sodium. You need to find something that you like to eat that doesn't have so much sodium. If you weighed the next day after going over 1000 mg in sodium, that would explain your weight gain. It is retaining water.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I had a 3 week period where I didn't lose anything. I found that I wasn't eating enough. I upped my calorie goal by about 200 and dropped 5 pounds in the first week.
  • gracielou09
    Options
    You really aren't doing too bad! I can say just keep up with it and drink LOTS of water. Also, weight lifting burns fat better than cardio. A normal and healthy weight loss is about HALF a pound to a pound a week. It won't happen over night and your body may not know youre completely serious yet about the weight loss, so to speak. Soon, it will kick in for all your hard work. Another thing is to measure yourself instead of focusing on the scale. You will notice inches lost before a lot of weight loss. Keep all these things in mind and keep your spirits up.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options

This week im back at the gym after 9 months and im hoping this speeds up the weightloss

If you just started working out this week, your body is also likely storing water/glycogen to adapt to the new energy requirements you are putting on it, but this is short term and will drop once you keep up with regular exercise.

Whenever you change anything in your diet or exercise program, you generally need to give it a few weeks to really understand the effects and if you need to tweak further.

Keep your focus - you'll get there :-)