Proteins?(:

Options
anyone know the best protein powders for females for lean muscles? Thanks!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Twinlabs, look on Amazon for protein powders; they have TONS! Reasonably priced, too :)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    *walks in, looks around* This is too easy. *walks out*
  • JillianDixon
    Options
    My trainer told me to take Caesin protein at night. I haven't tried it yet, but he said it tastes decent too. I need to lose a lot of weight and he said it's good protein to keep my full and keep my blood sugars stable. I'll let you know when I try it.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    anyone know the best protein powders for females for lean muscles? Thanks!

Inb4 shakeology.

When looking at protein powder (whey, I assume) I would compare grams of protein, caloric content, and price. If you are diabetic or doing a ketogenic diet you might be concerned with carb/sugar content, if not, then just look at the above items and choose accordingly.

There are other side factors like solubility and of course taste. I prefer Optimum Nutrition but honestly I don't think you're going to have substantial differences beyond the items I listed above, unless you're looking at something goofy.
  • healthy4self
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition's chocolate malt or vanilla ice cream flavor. Best I've ever used!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition's chocolate malt or vanilla ice cream flavor. Best I've ever used!

Same! I have chocolate mint flavor... tastes like girl scout cookies

Best I have had: XF lemon cream pie. Casein protein
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nmclaurin
    Options
    shakeology!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hemp!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    myofusion, truetein, xf ultra peptide 2.0/whey

optimum makes a good product, i'm just not a fan of the taste

and shakeology is overpriced garbage
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Myofusion tastes much better than optimum nutrition products in my experience.. I've tried 3 flavors of ON and each one has a slight card-board like taste. Not sure how else to describe it.

Heard good things about XF, I think I'll give it a try next.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    1. Whey protein isolate -- not concentrate
    2. READ LABELS - there are tons of them
    3. No one can tell you what tastes good... order samples.. I have 3 huge jugs of crap that people told me tasted great and I thought they were all disguating... I hate optimum nutrition, gold label and the fruity syntrax flavors --- but some people love them
    4. My personal favorites are allmax isoflex or creating my own blend at trueprotein.com and asking for double flavor
    5. How you make the shake is what makes the different... most of them taste like crap mixed with just water -- be creative. Try a mix of water, soy milk, almond milk, coffee, tea, crystal light, diet v8 splash etc...

PS Shakeology and most other pre-mixed, bottled stuff is a huge waste of money for absolutely not reason unless you enjoy wastiing your money.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    *walks in, looks around* This is too easy. *walks out*

*Follows close behind and shuts door*
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    any isolate will do
    and no protein will build muscle unless you're eating over your maintenance calorie not even steroids