Best Wii Games for Fitness

Options
Hey people :)

I have a bit of money to spend on a new game for the wii and was just wondering what you guys think is a good fitness based game to buy.

I have looked at the zumba one, 'the biggest loser challenge' and an EA active one... which do you think is the best of these? Or is there another that you would recommend?

Cheers

Replies

• twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I don't know which one is better, but I can't wait to purchase the Zumba! Good luck on your choice!
  • missmolly80
    missmolly80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i do the wii fit plus step up and hula hoops and im just waiting to receive my just dance 2 game which i heard is great but im getting the zumba one too xx
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have the Active game and it is okay but not the best one for me. I tend to do better with just cardio, so Just Dance and Just Dance 2 are my favorites!
  • baj45359
    baj45359 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the wii fit plus due to the variety of activities. I can bicycle around the island, be in the marching band, or throw snow balls. It keeps me going back every day to have this kind of variety.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii, I love it!! :happy: Zumba 2 comes out next month, I believe. I also have the Wii Fit (the older one, not the newer "Plus" one :frown: ) and I really like that, as well. I've heard those Just Dance games are a good workout and fun, but I tried it...just can't get into them.
  • buddha5050
    buddha5050 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The biggest loser challenge is great, also two others that get you sweatin' are the ufc trainer but it's for the 360 connect and the NFL combine for the wii they both are awesome!!
  • dkvote
    dkvote Posts: 58
    Options
    I just want to know what everyone is using...I have the Biggest Loser one and OMG it is something else!
  • aybee77
    aybee77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson: The Experience always has me sweating with the first 5 minutes. I love it.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    the jenny mccarthy one is really good
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I don't do the just dance one but Michael Jackson is a great one. I however HATED the original zumba for wii I personally thought it was a little odd following a neon chic backwards. I also noticed that you would just shake the wii mote and the lady would say oh great job which ticked me off even more LOL
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus has had me coming back every day for over four months. I also like the variety. And other than walking it is the only exercise I have done and I am at 70# down.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Which ever one you could fit in your pocket while running.
  • veni84
    veni84 Posts: 29
    Options
    The wii active 2 is great, it comes with a heart monitor so it can accurately tell you the amount of calories burnt. It's more of a serious workout in my opinion than the wii fit plus, but the wii fit plus burns calories too and is funner than wii active.
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ae Sports active 2,comes with heart rate sensor for your left arm plus a motion sensor for your leg.It has 2 programs,a fitness starter to get you going,then from there you progress to the 9 week program.Its a combination of cardio,resistance band and covers alot of areas/muscles in a fun way.Has stepping,cardio boxing,soccer,basketball,lunges,the lot plus quite a few other random programs if your not feeling up to your usual date.It allows for off days so if you miss a day in your program you can backtrack and do the day missed thus keeping you up to date on your progress.I wont say its easy,push ups,foot fires,burpies,skipping,mountain biking(big time squats),skateboarding; it makes me push myself(but im a heavy smoker)so may be just me;)

The sensor does pick up every movement(or i found it did)unlike other ones ive tried where I had to jiggle the remote in order to get a response.There are 3 levels and can run from 25 mins up to 35 depending on the level chosen.I use a very thick resistance band and it can be quite painful(you can use hand weights if you so choose and it allows for that specific weight to be put in the options).Ive had some very good results from this.Also syncs with the other 2 ae active games and you can also form groups via their online option and track your progress with other members using the same program.

Ive tried quite a few other games on my wii,both the ae's before this,biggest loser,wii fit etc and seem to continuously come back to this program.Ive worn my hrm with the ae one to determine if the numbers match,the only issue I seem to have found is there can be a pause of some seconds between the exercises so allow an extra say 10 mins on top of the initial estimate of what they say is the timeframe.Due to the changeover between exercises,extra calories are burned,today i burned 30 more than the program said but In saying that,each day is different,lower body,upper body,core,cardio and the mix up keeps me returning.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I want to try the UFC one. That looks awesome. I like the Wii Biggest Loser one because you can pick and choose or they will make a plan for you. The active is cool too, it's more llike an actual personal trainer than a game though.
  • coffeepleese
    coffeepleese Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like the Zumba,it is forgiving and entertaining. I found I worked harder because I wanted to keep up. Also tried the Wii UFC. I got it from my library, so no leg strap. It wasn't responding to my punches-maybe just a fluke. Good tips in it though, only had it a few days. Everytime I try something new, I find a new move for a new body part . Even if I don't care for one, I usually walk away with a new tool. Public libraries are starting to offer more options-freee to try the games before you buy.
  • loriekayboche
    Options
    I do walk it out for the wii. You walk to the beat of music and build an island at the same time. Does anybody do dance dance revolution?
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've heard awesome things about EA active and active 2, as well as zumba. I don't know if zumba includes activities besides cardio, but I believe EA active does, so if you want to do both cardio and other activities, go for EA. if you want fun cardio and like doing the other stuff with your wii fit included games, do zumba. I just know I want both!

oh! and I love mel b's totally fit workout video and she has a wii fit game out that's been getting some good reviews too!
  • Marcel7
    Marcel7 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly with AngelikaLumiere. WiFit Plus is the way to go. I also recommend the Wi Game Wi Sports Resort. It has fun games that get you moving: golf, bowling, table tennis and more.
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I play Dance Dance Mario (it's a Nintendo Gamecube Game- but still works in the Wii)- It's awesome :-)