Next best thing to water

Options
I am so bored with drinking water. I used to drink 2 cans of soda a day at work throughout the day. I've disciplined my self to stop hat and am trying to drink just water but it is boring. What are some good alternatives to drinking plain water. I just grabbed bottled juice drink and after looking at the label, I think I might have been better off with a soda :smile:

Replies

• fbozek
    fbozek Posts: 2
    Options
    I am so bored with drinking water. I used to drink 2 cans of soda a day at work throughout the day. I've disciplined my self to stop hat and am trying to drink just water but it is boring. What are some good alternatives to drinking plain water. I just grabbed bottled juice drink and after looking at the label, I think I might have been better off with a soda :smile:
  • JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking PowerAde Zero, just one bottle a day, but it has been a nice change up. I also like the Crystal Light packets. I feel that even though some may not like Crystal light because it has aspartame, it still has to be better than not drinking any water at all.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    seltzer water with lemon or lime
    bingo- you got your carbonation without chemicals
    enjoy:smile:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    What I do when I need something different is that I add a single serving packet of 4C's green tea made with slenda or crystal light flavors like peach or white tea.. They sell the individual serving packets in most grocery stores. I usually do this at dinner time because by then I've drank so much plain water I need some flavor. Hope this helps!
  • JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Good Idea! :drinker:

Walmart has some carbonated water too, in different flavors. I am not too sure of ingredients though, it has been a long time since I have had it.
  • chandhole
    chandhole Posts: 45
    Options
    I don't mind water. I just say, "this is good for me" and slam it back. I really notice when I don't drink enough water. So that also drives me to drink up.

I've been experimenting with tea. Lipton has some good ones out there. Anitoxidants etc. :drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Walmart has some carbonated water too, in different flavors. I am not too sure of ingredients though, it has been a long time since I have had it.

ya....be careful on the ingredients,,,,I just get the generic seltzer water,,,,all it is is carbonated water,,,add the fresh lemon over ice and it is nice and clean:smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

ya....be careful on the ingredients,,,,I just get the generic seltzer water,,,,all it is is carbonated water,,,add the fresh lemon over ice and it is nice and clean:smile:

a splash of 100% OJ is good with seltzer too!
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    Try Arizona Diet Green Tea. No calories :smile: Great Taste
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

You could throw some fresh or frozen berries in it too. Maybe crush them a little bit before you toss them in. Mmmmm.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

You could throw some fresh or frozen berries in it too. Maybe crush them a little bit before you toss them in. Mmmmm.

good idea:flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

good idea:flowerforyou:

:blushing: Aww, gee. Thanks Dave!
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Here are some of the things I add to my water to keep it interesting:

sliced cucumber and fresh mint, the whole thing, leaves and stem

lemon and frozen raspberries

lime and cucumber

lemon and frozen strawberries

or any of the above on their own...
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I buy the Wyler's Light Singles to Go. You mix them into your water and they only have 10 calories for a 20 oz bottle of water. My favorites are pink lemonade and cool raspberry. You could also look to the Aquafina Flavor Splash waters. I like them the best because they actually taste like juice, instead of just berry flavored water.
  • supernessa
    Options
    I found this stuff called "true lemon" at Kroger here (only place that sells it). It has 0 calories & 0 sweetener in it. They also have lime & orange flavored. It keeps me drinking my water.