diet pills?

Options
I'm hitting a plateau and I am working alot and do not have as much time to work out as I would like. I have been at a steady 168 and want to be 150 by Christmas! Does anyone suggest any diet pills? What are your opinions on them?

Feel free to add me! I need all the motivation I can get!

10920497.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Does anyone suggest any diet pills?

I'd not bother with those IMO.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    No one got fat from taking a pill and no one will ever get thin from taking a pill.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If pills worked America would be thin, Hard work and dedication to healthy eating is the only way to lose weight.
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Haaaaate pills! hate hate hate!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I'm hitting a plateau and I am working alot and do not have as much time to work out as I would like. I have been at a steady 168 and want to be 150 by Christmas! Does anyone suggest any diet pills? What are your opinions on them?

Feel free to add me! I need all the motivation I can get!
    Diet pills are only responsible for about 1% of your total weight loss. Change your exercise, change your workout intensity, up your calories. These are all plateau busters.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Everyone hits a plateau. If diet pills worked, none of us would ever be fat. Up your calories for a couple of days, mix up your workout routine, shake things up a bit and you will see the scale move.
  • broby425
    Options
    [/quote]Diet pills are only responsible for about 1% of your total weight loss. Change your exercise, change your workout intensity, up your calories. These are all plateau busters.
    [/quote]

What he said...
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking all of your water!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was in the same position, holding steady at 172-175 for 2 months. Maddening! I understand your desperation but pills are not the way to go. What finally worked for me was my dad visited and my routines got all wonky for a week. I didn't exercise as much (had been working out at least an hour a day 5-6 days a week pretty consistently, dropped down to a light workout just 2 days that week) and my calories were all over the place. I was under cals by about 200, then over by like 400, then under again, then over again. I probably netted the same number of cals as usual that week but I inadvertently did a calorie zig zag. At the end of it (after lots of water to flush out all the sodium of eating out all week) I had lost almost 5 lbs. In a week. My body just finally said "well alright then..." and let go of the lbs. I've basically gone back to my normal routine since and I'm still losing. I just needed that week to mix it up.

Pills won't get you far and they definitely won't keep you there. I know its frustrating but there are better ways! Use the message board "search" function and put in plateau, there are lots of threads with good advice for breaking them. Pick out a couple to try and see what works for you. Good luck!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Save your money for clothes you are going to need with your lifestyle change in the long run. Plateaus happen. They also don't last forever.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    omg.gif

4.gif<---- This

Diet pills are bad bad news.

My friend is a jockey. He took them to lose weight for a horse race a once. They were supposed to be all natural. He didn't sleep for two days and when he stopped taking them he was walking around like a zombie because he was so tired. Stay away from them unless your doctor prescribes them.

Read this topic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351800-i-will-never-put-a-diet-pill-in-my-mouth-again
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ok so i tried this whole 'eat more calories' thing and honestly i feel like a PIG! how in the world is this supposed to work?? really - you are supposed to eat less to lose weight! this better be worth it...
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    ok so i tried this whole 'eat more calories' thing and honestly i feel like a PIG! how in the world is this supposed to work?? really - you are supposed to eat less to lose weight! this better be worth it...
    How much more calories are you eating? As long as you are eating at a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.
  • ncsubeachgirl
    Options
    i usually eat about 1200... today i ate about 1400....
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    I'm assuming you don't eat your exercise calories back. How much do you burn from exercise?
  • ncsubeachgirl
    Options
    yea sometimes i eat the exercise calories back depends on what i am feeling... hmmm we will see! lol i just feel so tired since i am stuffed from eating so much and this makes me not want to get up off the couch.lol