Dealing with Tendonitus

Options
Hi Guys-

So, I went to the doctor today and was given some pretty bad news. I have tendonitus in my left leg and was advised to stop all activity for 6 weeks to let it heal. I am so bummed because I just recently got into a great work out routine. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem in the past and what you did to help heal the pain? Also, is it possible for me to still lose weight without working out for six weeks?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks
Bummed Out:sick:

Replies

• lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys-

So, I went to the doctor today and was given some pretty bad news. I have tendonitus in my left leg and was advised to stop all activity for 6 weeks to let it heal. I am so bummed because I just recently got into a great work out routine. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem in the past and what you did to help heal the pain? Also, is it possible for me to still lose weight without working out for six weeks?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks
    Bummed Out:sick:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It's doable, but you will need to honestly track everything you eat and get used to eating less (since exercise calories will go away).

Can you swim? Usually MD's let folks swim while rehabbing - ask your doc. This way you can still burn some cals and maintain some muscle mass while recovering.
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks Molly for the information. I recently just canceled my gym membership because we built a home gym, so I don't have access to a pool. I am going to take it easy for a while then try walking on the treadmill slowly at first.

I have a quick question, I know when you exercise you gain more calories you can eat during the day. Are you supposed to eat those extra calories? To me it would seem that if I did I would maintain my weight when I want to lose it. Just curious.

Thanks!