November Measurement Challenge

Options
Welcome to the 6th month of our measurement challenge. If you are ready for a truly different type of challenge this challenge is for you. So many people often over look the inches that they might be dropping and worry about the weight more. However, your weight can greatly differ if you are gaining muscle mass. Plus it is the missing inches that people will notice. Hence the reason this challenge was born.

Here is how it works... You will start with setting a goal of inches lost for the month of November. Every Monday for one month we will measure our chest(bust), waist, hips, thighs and upper arms (biceps). Don't forget that it is important to make sure you are measuring the exact same spot every week!! You also need to remember to either double your thigh and arm measurement or measure both right and left. We will also have an optional fitness challenges or nutrition challenges each week. The biggest loser from each week will get to decide the challenge for the next week (squats, push ups, sit ups, stairs etc.)

It should look something like this

Goal: 5 inches
Week 1 measurements
Arm: 15 right 14 left = 29 inches
Chest: 38 inches
Thighs: 42 inches (this number was doubled)
Hips: 40 inches
Waist: 32 inches

PLEASE COPY THIS EACH WEEK! I will also keep track of this on a google spread sheet and share it weekly. Please follow through! I know this challenge can be time consuming but it is VERY encouraging to others if you do it WEEKLY!!

Our first weekly challenge will be determined by the overall biggest loser in October.

I will need your starting measurements NO LATER than November 1st. This will give us a base number for the challenge. Each week I ask that you have your measurements in NO LATER than 2:00 PM EST on Tuesday. Normally measurements are expected to be done on Monday morning though. I will post the spreadsheet on Tuesday afternoon and the OPTIONAL weekly challenge will follow shortly after.

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • celmes11
    celmes11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am in, I will post tomorrow....have to get brave enough to measure :embarassed:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Can you use my final measurements from October?

Let's go for 6 inches again. My lucky number!
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    Week 1 1/11/11 (so many 1s!!!)

Thighs: 45 inches (this number was doubled)
    Arm: 23 inches (this number was doubled)
    Waist : 29 inches
    Hips: 34.75 inches
    Chest: 36.75 inches
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. You guys really help keep me motivated even after a week or two of no improvements. Tell you the truth, I don't know exactly where my waist is. Is it the smallest part of your mid section or at your belly button? Anyway, I'm just going to track my belly button because it's the easiest. The inches are coming off MUCH slower now so I'm just gonna shoot for 3". That may be difficult to reach because I have a 2 week vacation coming up in November!

Name: Erica
    November goal: 3"

Start 11-1
    thighs: 43.0" (R-21.5, L-21.5)
    hips: 39.0"
    belly button: 30.0"
    bust: 39.0"
    arms: 22.0" (R-11.0, L-11.0)
  • celmes11
    celmes11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Alright, here we go...

My measurements are:

Week 1 measurements
    Arm: 18.5 right 18 left = 36.5 inches
    Chest: 49 inches
    Thighs: 56 inches
    Hips: 55.5 inches
    Waist: 47 inches
  • livehappe
    livehappe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well, after a huge month in October, I'm not sure how much success I can expect this month. I'm starting the month off with a cold to boot, so I'm going to set my goal lower.

Goal: 4 inches

Arms together: 23.5
    Chest: 30
    Thighs together: 45.5
    Hips: 38
    Waist: 33

In December, I am hoping to set my goal at : for my waist to be less than my bust! Good luck everyone!
  • cfiles
    cfiles Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So what kind of exercises and stuff are yall doind to lose all these inches??>??
  • livehappe
    Options
    Weekly challenge: So, I just realized that I had the biggest loss for October, and I'm excited to pick the exercise.
    This week, add 10 sumo squats to your workout routine each day.

I received some messages asking what routine I did to lose several inches last month. I will share. I started to eat 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat in the past 10 days. Made a big difference for energy levels during exercise, and I think it helped with inches also as the biggest loss came last week. For exercise routines, I do 10-40 minutes of cardio 6/7 days a week, and on day 7, I do up to 90 minutes of cardio. I am training for a half marathon. I am also doing Jillian Michael's fitness program, "Making the Cut" and I do 45 minutes of circuit training with that program 4 out of 7 days a week. It's a bit neurotic, but I hit a plateau from July-September, and I am kicking it up a notch to get to the goal!
  • amsparky
    Options
    I hope it's ok if I still participate - I've had a sick kiddo. :)

Week 1 measurements

Arm: 11.5 right 11.25 left = 22.75 inches
    Chest: 30.5 inches (ub)
    Thighs: 43 inches (this number was doubled)
    Hips: 37 inches
    Waist: 32 inches
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    6 people are set up and ready to go. Good luck everyone with this week and don't forget to get your measurements in today.

Asyouseefit: I need a monthly goal for you....
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Name: Erica
    November goal: 3"

Start 11-1
    thighs: 43.0" (R-21.5, L-21.5)
    hips: 39.0"
    belly button: 30.0"
    bust: 39.0"
    arms: 22.0" (R-11.0, L-11.0)

Start 11-7
    thighs: 43.0" (R-21.5, L-21.5) =
    hips: 39.0" =
    belly button: 30.5" +0.5 (Booooo, hissss!!!)
    bust: 39.0" =
    arms: 22.0" (R-11.0, L-11.0) =

Well, I'm up a half inch this week. Thanks a lot TOM!!!!!!!
  • livehappe
    Options
    Goal: 4 inches

Week One
    Arms together: 23.5

Week Two
    Arms together: 23
    Inches lost this week: 0.5"
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Starting Measurements (31/10)
    Arms: 21"
    Chest: 36"
    Thighs: 42"
    Hips: 40"
    Waist: 35"

Week 1 (7/11)
    Arms: 21"
    Chest: 35"
    Thighs: 42"
    Hips: 40"
    Waist: 34"

2" lost this week! I think it made up for the final week of the October Challenge.
  • livehappe
    Options
    Way to go Ingot!!! 2" is super impressive!
  • amsparky
    Options
    I will post updated inches in the morning - I forgot to measure this morning. Good luck all!
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    Week 1 1/11/11 (so many 1s!!!)

Arm: 23 inches (this number was doubled)
    Chest: 36.75 inches

Week 2 08/11/11

Arm: 22.50 inches (this number was doubled)
    Chest: 36.5 inches
    -0.75"

Oops forgot my monthly goal: 3" :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    If you have room for another...I would like to join...I have been tracking measurements since 10/28
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    If you have room for another...I would like to join...I have been tracking measurements since 10/28

I can add you to the group if you can give me your numbers from Nov 1st and today/yesterday.