Grandmother needs friends.

Options
Hi there, I'm Fionat29's mother. I'm 76 and trying to lose weight. Fiona's got me hooked n MFP but I wondered if there were any similarly aged people trying to do the same thing? Please friend me.

Replies

• gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to the forum. im sure there will be loads of others popping by to say hi
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This is the best site; you'll find so much support here! Sending a friend request your way!! :)
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Welcome Olivehumph, You can friend me if you want. I'm not 76 but would love to have you as a friend. I'll support you as much as i can.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi Olivehumphrey,

If you are looking for users similar to you in age (or location), you might want to try the "Find Members" page under the "Community" tab; it allows you to search for users by age, location, goals, etc. I did a quick search on users aged between 65-100 and found pages and pages of results.

Welcome to MFP!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello Olive and welcome!! I am 50 but will give you all the support I can, sending a friend request! :flowerforyou:
  • Lostpounds2
    Options
    My mom is 77 and she lost about 25 pounds about two years ago and has kept it off. She goes to a gym and works out with weights twice a week, nothing real heavy though. Her and my dad eat smaller meals and do not eat late into the evening. She did it gradually on her own to feel better and move better since she has fibromyalgia. I joined on here to lose weight in July, I knew it was time when I was diagnosed with fibro also and everyday it hurt to just move. I am a grandmother and she is a great grandmother to 5 little ones. One day a week she helps my sister with her 4 grandchildren and they are all 4 and under. Best wishes to you and your new weight loss journey.
  • arleneashe
    Options
    I just started this yesterday and since I'm close in age to you and also a grandma, I thought I'd reply. I'd send you a friend's request but I haven't figured out how to do that part yet. I've been changing my eating habits since July and so far am 20 pounds down... long ways to go but I just look at each 5 pound loss at a time. That way I'm not overwhelmed.
    I made a food log and that's really the way to go. MFP does that and also helps keep track of any exercise so it will help keep me accountable for both.
    You _can_ do this... good luck to you! :happy:
  • ticapet20
    Options
    Dear fionat29,,
    I'm not far behind u @ 74 so if want a friend here i am. This ticapet20 the 20 is wishful thinking. hope u have a sense of humor. Hope to hear from u .
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm a 65 year-old grandma, and I'm sending you a friend request. Good for you!
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hi olive, my name is Diane and i'll be 66 in mid November. I am also a wife, mother & grandmother and a retired RN. You will find much support and encouragement here on MFP. I have absolutely become obsessed with this site! Welcome to MFP>i am sending a friend request your way.
  • sendu911
    Options
    Welcome, I'm sure you are going to find people of all ages that you can draw strength from and to whom you can provide inspiration
  • selfantigen
    selfantigen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. You can do it!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Olive, feel free to friend me. I'm 45 and have a very dear friend who turned 78 this year. She lost 30 pounds two years ago and has kept it off. Good luck to you. I hope to hear back from you.
  • Grania21
    Options
    hello Olive, i have just joined mfp ...... could we be friends ? x
    Grania x