the holidays

Options
these next couple of months are gonna be hard for everyone. I'm in charge a cooking pretty much everything so it will be a challenge for me. i will be completely honest with my food chart i hope that everyone will help keep me motivated! thanks buches everyone!!

Replies

• OlearyGirl
    OlearyGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well thats great in a way! If everyone has left the cooking to, that means you can make the decisions about how to make it healthier. No more guessing about how much sugar Aunt Margarite puts in her sweet potato cassarole, you can decide what to make and how to make it. I'm sure you won't have to worry about anyone deep frying the turkey if you're the boss of the kitchen! good luck- you'll do fine!
  • TraceyMarieHarnett
    TraceyMarieHarnett Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The holidays are so tough!! It seems like everywhere you turn there's food....and nothing that's very good for you! I hope we can all keep on track!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one who goes against the grain here, but the holidays don't have to be rough. I have never had a hard time with holidays and all the food they bring. I have never understood why people do. I don't need any extra calories or sugar or junk just because it is the holiday season. Maybe if you think of it that way you won't have a struggle.
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The holidays can be challenging if you let it. Just think of it as another day with more food options. A treat or two will not hurt. It's just the over indulgence that will kill progress. I find it helps to alter recipes to a healthier version. It will take some research, but there is a lot of time to do so. Keep to the portions and things will go well.
    Happy Holiday everyone.