On the go snacks!

Options
I am at school M-F and don't have access to a fridge or anything like that.I have been trying to bring healthy foods but it is slightly limited when you cant bring anything cold! I usually bring a banana, PB and J on Sara lee 45 cal bread or something like that..however it is getting a little redundant. Anyone have ideas? Thanks :)

Replies

• LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    100 calorie packs of raw almonds, pretzels, apples, oranges, Fiber One bars, low fat granola bars, rice cakes, the list goes on...
    Good luck! :happy:
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Kashi products are always a good try. Nuts. Jello and pudding snacks -- the one with no sugar or no sugar added. In addition is buying a lunch bag/box that has a cooler made into it so you can do both. Good luck here and with school.:flowerforyou:
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Special K bars or brownies, Veggie straw, strawberries, Special K chips/crackers, rice cakes.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Trail mix, fruit, nuts, Pure Protein bar…
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Good for you fitting PB into your diet! I can never seem to make it and be under cals.

Fiber One brownies and granola bars are great! The fiber makes them stick a little more than just a carb kind of sweet treat.

Hummus in a wrap with veggies would be good. Wrap in foil or saran wrap to prevent it from falling apart, or better yet pack everything into small tupperware so it doesn't get soggy. Tuna pouches are a good idea, too. You can buy them in single serve packs and they don't need refridgeration, so you can just pack some bread, celery, pickle with it.

GL!
  • errbear315
    Options
    chewy granola bars (only 100 cal apiece!), almonds, vitamuffins, greek yogurt (if you can keep it cold), fresh berries, apples, 1 or 2 squares of dark chocolate, any of the 100 calorie packs (i like the pop-tart crisps and the chocolate covered pretzels), no sugar added diced peaches/mandarin oranges, snyder's pretzels etc.
  • fjohnson1989
    fjohnson1989 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!! I have a lot to add to my grocery list!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Tomatos/Apples + Chili powder.... not sure how good it is for your teeth though
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky
    Macadamia nuts
    Almonds
    Bacon
    Apples.
  • unlockthebox
    unlockthebox Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies have been amazing
  • dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    sargento reduced fat string cheese. 50 cals a piece
    This has helped me, many a times. It is fine out of the fridge for a little while.