Cant eat enough

Options
Im having trouble with eating enough food. I workout and run alot so my intake needs to increase. The problem is I cant eat enough at breakfast, lunch and dinner to get enough. Another added problem is that Im deployed and can only really eat during those 3 times a day. Does anyone know of some good snacks or ideas that I can maybe order online. This food cant need a fridge or microwave. Ideas?

Thanks
Jake

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Need foods high in fat! Nuts and nut butters are perfect for that, Or canned tuna
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    How about protein shakes? I understand they can be made with water, rather than milk which would need refrigeration.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Or you can get some pretty good 0.1% UHT milk. That needs no refridgeration and would work well with a protien shake. Oatmeal is an easy one and onl needs to be kept dry until use. There are lots of powdered soups out there. If you are deployed try britishsupermarketonline.com, they deliver to bases worldwide and you can get a wide range of healthy and tasty choices there. Otherwise, yes nuts and seeds, just watch your fat intake!
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I'd go with nuts! Almonds, cashews and the protein shakes with milk sounds pretty good too!
  • jacobhayes1
    Options
    I already take 2 protein shakes a day, but it seems nuts are going to be the best bet for now. Thanks everyone for the ideas.
  • canofbeans23
    Options
    What is your BMI? What is your height and weight?
    How many calories are you currently consuming?
    How much protein, fat, carbs?
    What are you trying to do? Are you trying to bulk or keep your current weight?
  • jacobhayes1
    Options
    Im not sure how to figure out my true BMI.
    Im 70 inches tall (5'10), Im about 185-190.
    A day I get about 2000 cals, but this site says I need about 2500 or more on days I ran far. I eat alot of tuna and protein shakes already. Im always under my fats and carbs. Im always way over on my protein. Oh I also added a sugar column. Im under on that too.
    Basically I want to stay at my weight, lose a little more fat in my stomach and gain a little more muscle. I know muscle weighs more and everything, but lose my 5-10 in fat and gain about the same in muscle.
    I workout almost everyday and run every other day. The issue I have is I need better foods cause I think when I try and eat more, it goes to my stomach. So Im looking for foods that are clean I guess. Not crap that will make me fat. I guess it doesnt help Im 37 years old.

I have always had an issue on what foods are good to eat. I got alot of people on here telling me nuts, protein (which I do) and tuna.

Thanks for the help
    Jake
  • canofbeans23
    Options
    Your restive BMR is 1883.15 cal. This is how much calories you need to keep your current weight if you were in bed all day
    You can add 400-800 more calories depending on how active you are during the day.
    400 = desk job
    800 = on your feet and moving a lot or run a lot

You can't efficiently lose fat and gain muscle at the same time especially if your Body Fat is under 15% as guy.
    You need to eat less then you burn to reduce body fat. But you need to eat more then you burn to increase muscle mass.

My suggestion to you is keep eating below your BMR as you are doing ( -500 calories below your daily BMR) Until you are happy with your body fat %. Only then worry about increasing your calories.
    Continue to lift weights 3 days a week to keep muscles you already have.

Oh and stay away from nuts. They are more calorie dense then chocolate but have a poor amino acid profile and the fat in it is polysaturated. Nuts do nothing when losing fat due to high calorie and polysaturated fats and does nothing for gaining muscle because the amino acid profile is incomplete.
    You are better off eating a spoonful of butter. The saturated fat was shown to increase testosterone production in men.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Spoonfuls of pb :D
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    Spoonfuls of pb :D

This. And it's pretty low carb too, so don't have to worry about gaining fat.