A Scale Non-Victory (SNV) via LAP-BAND

Options
For the second time since my last fill (September), I've been having trouble keeping most things down, as though my band has gotten tighter without seeing the doctor. The last time this happened it lasted for about a week before it worked itself out. Yesterday was Day 1 of this new "wave" and I'm hoping it will pass soon.

Anyway, when I got in the scale this morning, after hardly consuming anything yesterday, it showed that I've lost 102 pounds since I began my journey in June 2010. This passes my first goal of losing 100 pounds.

But I'm calling it a NON-Victory because I did not want to reach it by NOT eating. I wanted to do it through diet (which means eating) and exercise (which I've been doing).

I'm seeing my surgeon in about 2 weeks provided this issue doesn't worsen before then.

I just wanted to share that.

Replies

• sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for taking control of your health and for being super honest and accountable with yourself. And you know what? Congrats on passing that incredible milestone, no matter how it was achieved. If you were starving yourself on purpose, it would be one thing, but I don't think you'd be beating yourself up if you passed that milestone for another medical reason like the stomach flu. So, don't miss out on the enjoyment on that accomplishment. The last couple pounds may have been incidental, but I'm sure you've worked hard for every other ounce.

Yay YOU!!!
  • fish119
    fish119 Posts: 67
    Options
    Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well again! You have worked very hard to get to where you are and you deserve to take credit for each of those pounds you shed! Fingers are crossed that your lapband issue will only last a brief period. Feel better soon!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!