Dumb Question... How much water is too much??

Options
I'm just wondering if 24 ounces an hour to hour and a half, too much water??

Dumb question I know....

Replies

• claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    There are two negatives with drinking A LOT of water

#1 A LOT of peeing.
    #2 If you just wash out the nutrients your body wont have time to absorb them

24 ounces is 3 cups right? I think that is fine in 60 mins - 90 mins ... unless it's that much every 60 mins 24 times a day.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    For how many hours? I drink that much after running, but I certainly don't drink that much all day long.

You can judge if you're drinking too much water by the color of your urine. If it's a very pale yellow to clear - you're probably drinking too much. If it's a dark strong yellow - you're probably not drinking enough. Check the next time you pee.
  • MaMA_G_21
    Options
    Good thinking! I don't want to flush out nutrients.

Last time I peed it was a light yellow, and that was after my third 24 ounces in about 5 hours.

I'm thinking about it because I'm at work and drinking lots of water. I don't drink that much all day long, but was curious if it is bad doing it long or short term. I must have needed it if there's still a definate yellow color in my urine still.

Thank you!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Maybe. Maybe not.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I drink about 21oz every hour and a half when I am having a good water day. Some days it takes me so much longer.