Future Success Story

Options
I was in the best physical shape of my adult life in March of 2010 at 300lbs (I had been lighter but not in shape). I was working out at the gym daily and doing cardio at home. My outlook on life was great, I was finally going to be the husband, father, and person I wanted to be. To make a long story short it all fell apart after being diagnosed with Lyme Disease. Since then I have let myself go (372 lbs.) blaming my disease, as well as other issues in my life. I am sick of feeling depressed, wanting to stay at home, and waiting for some other diagnosis to explain the symptoms that remain. I am going to start living my life again today. I am going to be there for my wife, son, and myself. I am not going to eat when I am depressed, I am not going to lay on the couch when not at work, I am not going to sit at work because I supervise (I am going to work along side my crews), I am not going to make excuses for anything, I am not going to eat things i should not because I am at a restaurant, I AM GOING TO GIVE IT 100%, I AM GOING TO SUCCEED, and I AM GOING TO BE A FUTURE POST THAT WILL POST A BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS AND BE PROUD OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Replies

• Glam0809
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • misstonico
    Options
    That's right! You will succeed because you want it and no one will stop you from getting it!
  • CaliSweden
    Options
    Congratulations Jay5133 on taking the first big step to getting healthier and reclaiming your life! You sound determined and I am sure you will be a future sucess story :)
  • deblibby
    deblibby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You will be successful because you have the right frame of mind. Best of luck to you!
  • honeyb7
    honeyb7 Posts: 45
    Options
    I so get where you are at! And you've made a wonderful step in a positive direction. I could have easily wrote what you said only from the female perspective. At some point you get sick and tired of being sick and tired. I too, blamed my health issues on "something else" It has taken years to admit that I was my own worst enemy. So HERE's to YOU! This is an awesome place to begin. It has changed my life in a very few short months. If you need friends to give you encouragement please feel free to friend me.