Will I gain fat if...

Options
I understand that I may gain water weight from the sodium, but will I gain fat from eating unhealthy foods IF I'm still under my calorie goal? I've had a bad couple of days (mcdonalds, ice cream, chocolate, etc...) normally I won't eat this way, but I've been off.

I have, however, still been eating less than 1600 cals a day. Do you think I will gain weight anyway despite being under in calories since the food is unhealthy?

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    No you won't...there is a lot of people following a diet protocol called IIFYM, basically eat whatever you want as long as you meet your macro and calorie goal
  • amymaria91
    Options
    I always wondered that too. I don't feel so bad now
  • canofbeans23
    Options
    nope! enjoy
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I did this while losing all my weight. No food makes you unable to lose fat.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    hmm I almost wanna say yes

I have spent the past 2 months eating badly but not too exessively despite a few binges and I gained back 5kg (roughly 11lbs). however 2 weeks of eating almost perfectly again and I've lost most of it (still a bit to go).

My point is - I think you do. But it's not all negativity, I think it's easier to bounce back and lose it again then how hard it was to lose the first time.
  • PBJunky
    Options
    hmm I almost wanna say yes

I have spent the past 2 months eating badly but not too exessively despite a few binges and I gained back 5kg (roughly 11lbs). however 2 weeks of eating almost perfectly again and I've lost most of it (still a bit to go).

My point is - I think you do. But it's not all negativity, I think it's easier to bounce back and lose it again then how hard it was to lose the first time.

Water retention...
  • lacf86
    lacf86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    your body wants calories - it doesn't give a damn where they come from! i read this:

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/weight-loss.php

a little while ago, and it straightened things out A LOT for me!

btw - just in case anyone thinks i'm trying to luuuure people onto another weight loss site - i'm NOT - this just happens to be where the article is. :happy:
  • RunningMyButtOff
    RunningMyButtOff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As long as the calories you burn on a daily basis is less then the calories you consume, you will always lose weight.

However, quality of food has other major impacts. If you're eating fast food, or junk food, it does impact your motivation levels, and all around, you may feel like crap. Weight is only one part of health, and these foods are not the quality of food that you need to have the quality of life you want.
  • nickblackburn080882
    Options
    As long as the calories you burn on a daily basis is less then the calories you consume, you will always lose weight.

is it not the other way round
  • PBJunky
    Options

lol good spot
  • nickblackburn080882
    Options

lol good spot

tbh i had to read it a dozen times just to make sure i wasnt goint to look a tit lol