Weigh IN

Options
Hi All

Hope everyone has a fab day of health and fitness! Just a silly question. I used to weigh myself first thing in the morning before breakfast or water or anything. But then I weighed myself later in the day and I weigh almost 8 pounds more?!
How is this possible? I certainly don't eat 8lbs worth of food ;-) And which one is my TRUE weight (please don't say the heavier ;-(

Replies

• kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm the same!! 8lbs heavier, by lunchtime, no-one believes me when I tell them!!! I've just chosen never to weigh myself other than first thing in morning pre-breakfast, post-pee haha!

x
  • heatherdills
    heatherdills Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The one first thing in the morning before you do anything. Don't ask why you gain so much throughout the day, but it comes off by the morning.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Water weight, clothes, what's in your bowel, it all adds up. Typically most people weigh less in the morning.
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    I read somewhere that it's natural for that to happen and it happens to women more than men. Something to do with water retention or something! The thing to do is weigh yourself at the same time every time. Don't alternate it.
  • JillianDixon
    Options
    First thing in the morning, is your true weight. Between food, fluids, and how much sodium you have, will make you weigh more later in the day.
  • tjm615
    tjm615 Posts: 11
    Options
    First thing in the morning. Also, are u using the same scale? Different scale maybe be the same
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a big difference. I usually weigh about 3 pounds more later in the day than first thing but if I am wearing heavy clothes or have eaten a lot it can be more.