eating plan for a picky eater?

Options
jagar07
jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
So I am probably one of the pickiest eaters ever (just ask my husband) and I really don't like most vegetables and fruit which makes trying to eat healthier really difficult. does anybody have any suggestions for me??

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i would suggest trying more fruit and vegatables ,hopefuly find some you like, the best thing to be healthy in the long run.

good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • cassiejoyy
    Options
    learn to like fruits, and veggies. to have any type of good diet you need fruits, and veggies. you can always try hiding veggies in things that you make, and mixing fruits with yogurt, or maybe try a smoothie.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Try different ways of preparing them. A lot of the time not liking a certain food could be a texture issue more than the taste. You could also try hiding them in your foods or covering veggies with a sauce. I'm sure if you search a bit you'll find cookbooks geared towards hiding healthy things in children's food.
  • MarleyCats
    MarleyCats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try taking the foods you do like (mac and cheese, maybe?) and sneaking some vegetables into it. For mac 'n' cheese, just boil up some cauliflower, and then puree it in a blender or food processor. Mix it in with the cheese and it makes it a lot easier to get in your veggies. Or shred up carrots and zucchini and mix them in with a meatloaf recipe. I also like edamame (soybeans). They pack a lot of protein, so they keep you full, and they're a veggie! They kind of taste a bit like french fries to me, so that definitely makes them easier to eat!

And, of course, always just try different things. If you don't like it, that's fine, but if you find a veggie you do like then it will be your best friend. I particularly enjoy bell peppers, because they're so sweet.

I hope this helps!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I am pretty picky too. I would suggest looking on line for info on incorporating them into foods so that KIDS don't care. Maybe that will work for you too. And if there are just a few you do like, nothing wrong with sticking with them.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Try different ways of preparing them. A lot of the time not liking a certain food could be a texture issue more than the taste. You could also try hiding them in your foods or covering veggies with a sauce. I'm sure if you search a bit you'll find cookbooks geared towards hiding healthy things in children's food.
    texture is DEFINITELY the issue with me, but thanks for all the ideas guys, sounds like a few to try :)