Cheats.

Options
Does anyone have any cheats that they still allow themselves?

For example, I never count my coffee in my calories and yet I always add creamer to it. It's the one thing that I don't count on a daily basis, and I've lost weight regardless. You would not want to meet me without coffee.

Also, I really like to cheat and make myself a horrible little breakfast on weekends :) 4 sausage links and 2 eggs, but then I usually eat light the rest of the day (it's only 530 calories, anyway... but the fat content is horrible.)

What are some of your cheats?

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    PIZZA HUT but I log it and burn it off
  • sarah1211
    Options
    Chinese buffets. I'm not there for a salad lol I indulge every so often. I figure this is a lifestyle change and there are going to be moments when I want to eat something bad, as long as I am eating healthy all the other days I see no problem :happy:
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love making a Sunday breakfast for my husband and I on Sundays. I'll make homemade whipped cream for my coffee, and then make pancakes, french toast of waffles with all the yummy topping and fillers. I don't do it every weekend, but when i do do it, i try to eat light the rest of the day, but i know I always go over my calories on those days and i don't even worry about it because you have to enjoy life every once and a while!

Good question.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I "cheat" once a week. On that day I will allow myself to have a little chocolate or something. Or an ice cream from DQ. I log it, though, and still stay under my calories.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffets. I'm not there for a salad lol I indulge every so often. I figure this is a lifestyle change and there are going to be moments when I want to eat something bad, as long as I am eating healthy all the other days I see no problem :happy:

I hear you on that one! lol
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    For me I need to have a cheat meal - this is a lifestyle for me now. I just do what I can to make it as healthy as possible. Last night the family was having Five Guys burger and fries and it sounded really good to me so I got on MPF and decided the best thing to have. I had a single burger (no bun), lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles (and added cheese at home 25 cals vs. 80 cals) and 1/2 order of fries (660 cals total meal). I didn't feel it was a "cheat" because I earned those calories doing 90 mins of hot power yoga. I must still have a life and eat what I crave or this won't be a lifestyle - it will become another yo-yo phase in my life. I am so happy I found this app - it literally changed the way I now look at food and serving sizes. I am finally in control of my eating.
  • kimber_av
    Options
    I have a cheat day every week. depending on my schedules its either fat saturday or fat sunday. Where I allow myself to eat a little naughty. Not too overboard. but I'll have a desert, eat stuff i've avoided all week. It helps me do better during the week. I focus on eating better and if i'm craving something I say "no, wait until fat sunday. it'll be worth the weight"
    sometimes I Find I dont want that food come sunday lol.
    everyone is different though
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My husband is an amazing cook so at weekend when he is doing the cooking I allow myslef to eat the sam eas him. I always log it though and have usually burned it off by the end of the following week!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    There are often bites that I forget that I had. So, I have my calories goal set 200 less than I am allowed. When I eat calories that I shouldn't, it is usually alright.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i dont have a set weekly cheat meal. i had a cheat meal last night (Tapas) but thats a rarity. since i started in june i may have had 4 cheat meals. ill make cheat meals a more regular thing after i hit my goal. i've been cheating for the last 10 years after all.
  • taylorromanyk
    Options
    I do the same thing with coffee. I drink it every day and use light cream but I never log it!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    i dont have a set weekly cheat meal. i had a cheat meal last night (Tapas) but thats a rarity. since i started in june i may have had 4 cheat meals. ill make cheat meals a more regular thing after i hit my goal. i've been cheating for the last 10 years after all.

Wow, only four cheats since June??? You are doing great. Such determination !!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I dont cheat. whats the point?!

everything in moderation...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I practice IIFYM so I don't really have cheat "meals". I will usually take 1 day per week where I do not track food intake, for the psychological break.

My "dont count" day typically isn't a binge. I'm usually ending between maintenance and a small surplus, which is very reasonable IMO.
  • E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    SUnday is my free day.... i eat WHATEVER I want and in WHATEVER quantity... i DONT log it HOWEVER i do log my exercise for that day. It proves to be great for me, as i know at the end of a week i can have my treats and not feel guilty and not have that temptation during the week.... plus its resets and kickstarts your metabolism fo thte upcoming week and you do still lose weight! I am prime example! Enjoy it!! :drinker:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I log everything!
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm glad i saw this board. I just started about a month ago trying to eat right and about two months ago working out, mostly because i don't wanna keep gaining weight while being in this rut i found myself in. But its good to know that some ppl do have "cheat days" even if i cheat, i know i would probably still log it, but knowing that i can allow myself that one meal makes myself feel as though i have something too look forward to all week, and i haven't even had coffee since is started which was hard at first but found some good juices i replaced it with. I feel as if i know i can have pancakes with my hubby still on Sunday mornings then i would have something to look forward to and keep me motivated to lose more all week so i don't feel guilty! GREAT POST! Glad to see i wont b the only one, makes me more positive!

BTW...Im new to this site, very new, as in a few days, can someone please message me and let me know how i update my weightloss chart for when i do my weigh ins? (srry if thats a dumb question)
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have a little chocolate every day...but its logged and accounted for (and I only get to have it if it fits into my calorie limit :)
  • beaudettec
    Options
    I love the idea of having taking a day off from logging meals for a psychological break. After all it isn't healthy to be stressing all the time.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    yea setting your limit 200 less is a really good idea, i might try it, and it would also allow for foods that are hard to calculate