Some help please

Options
I have been going to the gym, working out like crazy for 2 weeks. Also counting my calories. The scale hasn't budged! Has any one had this problem. I have always lost weight in the past by reducing calories. Nothing this time. I do feel I am getting more in shape form weights, but should the scale not drop at all?

Replies

• Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Have you been tracking your food and exercise? I noticed when I started using MFP I had better results. I was keeping track before but apparently wasn't doing a very good job of it... Also I have been doing 30ds and found that you really can change your shape quite a bit with little to no weight change.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Can you tell us a bit more about your gym routine? Maybe we can offer suggestions.. Also, the scale is evil...any changes in the mirror (after 2 weeks maybe not, it typically takes about 4)

Noticed your screen name, i have twin 12yr old girls...i fear the teen years.
  • judykritikos
    Options
    It took months/years to put it on, it can't come off in 2 weeks. You are starting out right - watching/monitoring what you eat, and you're working out. I walk an hour a day, elliptical for 30 min 5 x a week and 2 nights of 60-min Zumba. I've only lost 6 lbs. Disappointment was seeping in. I just reminded myself it took 5 YEARS to put on these 20 lbs, so if it takes me 5 months to lose it - I'm going in the right direction. Be patient, not too hard on yourself, keep up the good work, cut the junk where you can, and give yourself a rest one day a week. You can do it! Judy
  • twinmommy3
    twinmommy3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, good luck with the teens years, you get them before me. Mine are 4. I am hitting the gym 5 to 6 times a week. 45 mins cardio minimum, then some weights. Other times I take an hr long class, called RIP (love it!). Just used to seeing some pounds off by this point, but have not been to a gym since my twins were born.
  • Mommy2B2G
    Options
    I was just saying the same exact thing actually after 3 weeks of hard workouts 5 days a week the scale hasn’t budged! My thinking is I had a baby 7mths ago, and am now in my 30’s. I could drop weight easily in my 20’s. If it helps any I was told that im replacing my weight lost and replacing it with muscle. Good luck and don’t let this discourage you!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym, working out like crazy for 2 weeks. Also counting my calories. The scale hasn't budged! Has any one had this problem. I have always lost weight in the past by reducing calories. Nothing this time. I do feel I am getting more in shape form weights, but should the scale not drop at all?

I just went through this the entire month of October. I lost 8 lbs in September (month 1 of getting serious) and then lost 2 more and wham -- I sat at the same number ALL month long -- still eating between 12000-1400 calories and staying in my goals AND working out. I was really getting discouraged and all of a sudden this past week, I have dropped 4 lbs, putting me exactly at my weight loss goal for month 2 of -8 more lbs. Whew!

HOpefully it was some catch-up plateau and I'll be back on a losing streak now! Hang in there. I think everyone goes through this, some sooner, some later on.