Best Motivation for me

Options
The thing that got me really working on losing weight was when I ran into an old friend out one night and he thought he was giving me a compliment when he said "You used to be so hot." - The "used to" portion of that statement killed me. Nothing motivates a woman like vanity :wink:

Replies

• Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That would be mine too! lol That did sound a bit harsh though.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Use it to push you forward, but I gotta ask. Did he "used" to have tact? :grumble:
  • megansmayhem
    megansmayhem Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sophjakesmom's info in her signature is my motivation! WOW! Looking at pics from just 2 years ago when I lost 45 lbs is a true motivator as well.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Do this for you not anyone else. :flowerforyou:
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    It was quite a few drinks into the night when the mind to mouth filter is very thin. For me it was needed. I've lost all of my quit smoking weight now i'm onto my after babies weight. Life is good :smile:
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    best motivation for me was when my sister took a bunch of pictures of me at my heaviest ever this summer and emailed them to everyone! and she wonders why i won't be her friend on FB? oh, hell no! but now 20 lbs. gone since August so guess i can thank her for waking me up (like who the heck is that in those pictures!!??)
  • Techibing
    Options
    The confidence that comes from losing each pound. Even though the loss may be small, it feels like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders each time.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    The confidence that comes from losing each pound. Even though the loss may be small, it feels like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders each time.

Exactly!