Nutrients

Options
Just a little confused! :/

Does anyone take any notice of the nutrients they consume, i use MFP app on my phone alot and check the nutrients tab to find some days sugars are always in red ;/

Replies

• deedeedoolittle
    deedeedoolittle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My sugars are generally red too, but I eat fruit every day, I think it's ok to go over on it as long as it's natural sugars you are consuming and not cakes and sweets etc
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/378595-nutrition-vitamins-explained?page=1#posts-5180630

Read the thread above and look at the examples of food, you can base your diet around these
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    When I used to track calories and such... I always made it a point to track nutrients as well. It only makes sense, as calories are only part of the equation to success. We need the right mixture of nutrients providing said calories. At a minimum, I'd be focusing on obtaining at least a minimum threshold of protein intake... something like .8 g/lb of goal weight.
  • embeck79
    embeck79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your comments :)
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    My sugars are generally red too, but I eat fruit every day, I think it's ok to go over on it as long as it's natural sugars you are consuming and not cakes and sweets etc

Red? Is that beet sugar and such?