Hello all, i'm new :)

Options
Hello everybody, I found this site by accident while trying to find out new things to put on rice cakes :laugh: and I'm glad I did!

I'm Emma, I am 23, I have 2 kids and I live in Oxfordshire, UK.

I have already lost quite a bit of weight for my small 5ft3 frame, but I've been struggling to get past my pre pregnancy weight for about 5 months.

I'm a serial under eater. I have trouble finding the get-up-and-go to make myself eat something even if I really don't feel hungry. Some weeks I struggle to eat 800 calories a day and my body goes straight into starvation mode holding onto every gram of fat it can.

I have about 3 stone to go before I'm considered a healthy weight, and I'm sure with myfitnesspal and the great community you have here, it'll be a lot easier than I first thought it would be :smile:

Replies

• gertieblueboots
    Options
    Hello Emma! This is a great site, and if you've got a smart phone, the app is incredibly handy for keeping those calories where they ought to be. If you're too low, it will chastise you for it at the end, and you'll feel inclined to go have some toast or something so the app isn't mad at you anymore...or...well maybe that's just my experience, but you should try it out!

Another great aspect of the site is the social one, as dieting with the encouragement of friends makes things much easier. I am going to send you a friend request so you can start building your circle!
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma! 73 pds. lost so far is a great achievement!! Congratulations!!!
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma! 73 pds. lost so far is a great achievement!! Congratulations!!!
    Oppsie. :) 77 pds...every pound counts...lol.
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here and you've already taken the first step on your journey. :-) Eating and exercise is a big part of the equation to your success and even though it's hard to motivate sometimes, whether eating or not eating or exercising or not, I find that being a part of this community helps me to be aware, which in turn helps me to realize my goals. IF I undereat (which I think we are all guilty of from time to time) we're reminded when we finish our logging for the day if we are at risk for falling into the starvation mode. Been there, done that, and it's a tough cycle to break, but you can do this! You'll find amazing support and encouragement here and I look forward to logging in every day, even if I'm not "on the right track". Welcome aboard for the journey!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma,
    Welcome to MFP I recently joined myself and have to say the moral boost you get from friends gives you that extra nudge
    Well done on your weight loss so far, you could try a high protein low carb and fat diet to give your body the extra help in loosing the last bit, its worked for me as a starting point to give me the incentive to get up and go :-)
  • Peppermint49
    Peppermint49 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh wow thank you everybody! I was a bit nervous making my first post, but you all seem very friendly :happy: I think i'm going to like it here!