WW to Myfitnesspal

Options
Hi everyone,

I used to do weight watchers and I was successful using it, but I switched to myfitness pal since it's free.

I hope to be succesful on this program, but for some reason I can't stay committed. I need inspiring stories to help me keep motivated. I know they're out there and would love to be friends with anyone who need the encouragment!

Replies

• Rolynthunder
    Rolynthunder Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was in the same boat and lost weight on WW and moved over to MFP and although I am losing weight it is not going as quickly as it did with WW. I like to go to the community page and read motivational stories to keep me going. Also, making my diary public really motivates me to eat better and exercise since other people can see what I'm doing. Feel free to add me if you want more support!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Well I've lost 23 pounds this year, 17 since july. I eat at least 1300a calories a day plus exercise. I eat whatever I want in moderation. Not cake everyday lol. If you commit and use the resources you'll be successful. Good luck.
  • got2Bdetermined
    got2Bdetermined Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just did that last week, I am actually doing better now, it is easier to track the foods, and I do track everything. I was doing both for the first 4 days just to see the difference in food intake and it was pretty much the same. Get some friends on here to hold you accountable!
  • jenncookie1
    jenncookie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm in the same boat. I just switched today. I fell off the wagon a few months ago with WW and thought if I tried something different I may do better! Good Luck!:smile:
  • Tenesha31
    Options
    Hi I just.started here.also but the people on here are awesome and everybody supports each other.Add me if you like
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have done WW several different times in the past and really liked it. I switched to MFP last November because it was free and easy to use. I lost 25 lbs. from the middle of November 2010 until I found out that I was pregnant the first week of March 2011. I just ate my alloted calories and I never really did any high intensity cardio, I just walked with my kids and did pilates at least 4 days a week. My baby is due this week and as soon as I can I plan to get back on track with eating and exercising!! Good luck with your weight loss journey!! Feel free to friend me, I would love to encourage you along your journey!!
  • ydeleon
    ydeleon Posts: 81
    Options
    I like both. The key is sticking to whatever plan you decide to use. The support on here is AMAZING!!! THe only drawback, I would day, that you see your accountability group in person with WW. But if you're the type of person that likes things on line, this is great!!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I didn't try WW because it's too pricey for me. :/ the currency is just too ridiculous. But I was on Fatsecret before.
  • dollparts26
    dollparts26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat, quit WW because I just wasn't motivated anymore and MFP is free instead! :) So far so good! I find I am now actually looking at labels more then before with WW and seeing if I have enough calories to spare for the 'treat' instead of just going over and dipping into my weekly points.
    Good luck! :)
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I did Weight Watchers before too, but I like MFP so much better. The people on the message boards here are more supportive and nicer. And best of all, it's free!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a WW convert too. And honestly, I have gotten more here than I did on that. The numbers in/out just works so much better for me. I like (Most) forums, have found lots of receptive and friendly people. I get a lot of incentive from seeing how many other people are having success. As well as by sharing in the challenges. You may friend me if you like!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    For some reason I could never make progress or stick to WW...joined MFP in July and am down 14 lbs.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was in the same boat and lost weight on WW and moved over to MFP and although I am losing weight it is not going as quickly as it did with WW. I like to go to the community page and read motivational stories to keep me going. Also, making my diary public really motivates me to eat better and exercise since other people can see what I'm doing. Feel free to add me if you want more support!

I agree! Setting my diary on public definately motivated me to keep on track!
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the WW at home program (from 2008) and I like MFP more. I think it is easier to see what you have to do when you look at calories eaten and calories burned.
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have done WW in the past but then they changed how they calculate points and how many you get per day and I just got frustrated. So I quit last year and have now started doing MFP again. I'm liking it so far and it is so much simplier than WW.