Designated "Junk Food Day" at work today. YUCK.

Options
Someone at work sent out an email last week saying today is desingated junk day at our work and will basically be dedicated to eating crap all day long. Ewwww. I am rebelling and am recommiting to MFP and excercising regularly. I got off track after the wedding, but am now back on board and will let their Junk Food day be my day to start anew with living healthier! :smile:

Replies

• mdmarcha
    Options
    Someone at work sent out an email last week saying today is desingated junk day at our work and will basically be dedicated to eating crap all day long. Ewwww. I am rebelling and am recommiting to MFP and excercising regularly. I got off track after the wedding, but am now back on board and will let their Junk Food day be my day to start anew with living healthier! :smile:

Make sure you do it from your high horse!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh man...yuck!

I agree wholeheartedly with your rebellion!!
  • FatGirlSlim899
    FatGirlSlim899 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love junk food, but seems a bit weird to make it a 'day' at work.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    That is seriously awful! I'd maybe talk to someone and see if it could be changed to eating healthy day instead. What are they trying to do???
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yuck your right!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I would write to the company and suggest an official healthy eating day too!

I'd have to work at home on official junk food day :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I would probably just say "Have fun with that" and then eat what I wanted to. You can use going against the easy way of just eating like everyone else as motivation.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    In this day and age when more people are dying of obesity than starvation in the world??? I seriously think this is a health and safety issue and management should veto such a thing, encouraging staff to eat rubbish food is not good for any business. This is wrong on so many levels!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    We have Pig Out's about once every month or so at school. I participate by taking in something a little more health conscious. Things like Diet Soda Cake, fresh fruit w/ dip, hummus and veggies make for a nice addition to a lounge full of "expensive" treats. Participating doesn't mean you have to gorge yourself into a sugar high. With some effort, pre-planning, and restraint, you can stay on track.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Last Friday was my last day at work; they had a "food day," a.k.a everyone bring juuuunk food day. I'm sorry to say that I went a little crazy that morning, but was able to resist the rest of the day, and I hit the gym a little harder than I usually do on a Friday afternoon.

Good luck!! Hope you do better than I did :)
  • sjtreely
    Options
    In this day and age when more people are dying of obesity than starvation in the world??? I seriously think this is a health and safety issue and management should veto such a thing, encouraging staff to eat rubbish food is not good for any business. This is wrong on so many levels!

Respectfully, I disagree. People socialize over food and that can build relationships which in turn can help business. Food isn't the enemy. It's portion control and wise choices.

It's a Pot Luck. There are parties all the time. The challenge is learning how to deal with them.

We may have to agree to disagree on this one.
  • fionarama
    Options
    AT SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats even worse!!!! should be illegal!!!!!!!!!!! why would a school encourage children to "pig out"!!!!!!
  • sjtreely
    Options
    AT SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats even worse!!!! should be illegal!!!!!!!!!!! why would a school encourage children to "pig out"!!!!!!

Wow. Get the facts, please before you light up. It's for the staff. Really? With all the issues schools are facing - you pick out a staff luncheon?
  • fionarama
    Options
    exactly - wise choices. Which don't include junk food. OMG . So given a pretty much half of people are obse these days, having a junk food day at work and expecing 50% of the staff to not join in, how is that good for business? More to the point those obese people will be hte ones that will go for it the most on that day, thereby encouraging their obesity.
    Obesity is such a terrible problem in todays society, serious actions need to be taken and having Junk Food days at work is not hte way to go.
  • sjtreely
    Options

And, you might want to take the time to learn about my school corporation's Wellness Policy. Students are no longer allowed to bring in just treats for birthday and other parties throughout the school year (Fall Festival, Winter Holiday, and Friendship Day) unless it's supplemented with approved items from the Wellness Food List.

On the contrary, my school corporation is leading the pack on health issues with students. The food component of our Wellness Policy is just one of many things we are doing to make positive changes in the lives of children.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    exactly - wise choices. Which don't include junk food. OMG . So given a pretty much half of people are obse these days, having a junk food day at work and expecing 50% of the staff to not join in, how is that good for business? More to the point those obese people will be hte ones that will go for it the most on that day, thereby encouraging their obesity.
    Obesity is such a terrible problem in todays society, serious actions need to be taken and having Junk Food days at work is not hte way to go.
    I eat junk food at least 2 times every week. It's not the food that causes obesity, it's the control issue with the person. What cracks me up is all these "yuck" people here demeaning junk food. Let me guess: you all got fat eating healthy food right?
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Chocolate fountain for lunch party today!! I was just looking at the list of stuff everyone is signed up to bring and it is going to be hard! I am trying to figure out how to eat. .. Strawberries and fruit to dip (minus the dip) and the veggie tray about the only things not completely fatty and/or sugar coated!

I am planning on eating before the party so I will go in have some fruit (and maybe dip one) and feel satisfied. I know I don't want to walk into that room hungry but if I am not I think I should do ok!