How much did you spend on Halloween candy?

Options
NiciS72
NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
I read online somewhere last week that the average a household spends on Halloween candy was just over $20. REALLY????? I was surprised by that. We waited until yesterday, bought less than normal and I still spent $38 before taxes. So MFP peeps how much did you spend?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    $14.94.

All stuff I don't like.
  • sassyN1989
    Options
    I spent zero! It is sad yes but we wont be home on Halloween, and I don't need the junk tempting me.

Evil little candy corns.
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    $6. We don't get a lot of trick or treaters so we just get one bag.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Zero, we don't get many trick or treaters and I'm not expecting to be here.
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Zero $ and zero calories from Candy !
    (its no self control, I just missed the party! :p)
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    20 bucks.
  • ohthelawd
    ohthelawd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think mine came out to like $22 after tax. I bought a big bag of the tiny Snickers, Milky Way, etc, and a 95 piece bag of Whoppers, Kit Kat, and Reese's cups. Slightly selfish reasoning on that last bag... I may be losing weight, but this fat boy is going to have some Reese's cups for Halloween :)

P.S. I live in pretty rural/suburban neighborhood with about 70 houses, and usually get about 50-60 kids coming by. Hope I bought enough, else I may have to fight them for the Reese's.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    been in my house 5+ years, never had 1 trick-or-treater. I spent exactly $0 on candy.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    A big fat "zero"! We live out in the country and don't expect any trick or treaters....and there's no point in having it in the house just because....
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    $0
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    $15.00 and I pray that we have lots of trick or treaters until it's gone!
    Although I must say, I am making it a promise to the new me NOT to eat any of it with my 50 lb goal in mind!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    $4.99 on a box of 50 and we ate 10 of them. We live in a new-er subdivision but the kids don't really trick or treat so I'm not worried. The past 2 years I turned off the lights from the beginning but hubby wants to be generous this year.
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    $0.00 We live in the country and don't have any trick-or-treaters. ӇƛƤƤƳ Ѽ ĦÂĿĿØЩЄЄИ ツ
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    0$. We don't get many trick or treaters!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    $0.00 We live in the country and don't have any trick-or-treaters. ӇƛƤƤƳ Ѽ ĦÂĿĿØЩЄЄИ ツ

Same here...no kiddies at our door!
  • startingover42
    Options
    $20 for a Trunk or Treat at my church yesterday.
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    $20'ish. First year at this house so I don't know how many little trick or treaters to expect!
    Any candy leftover will be promptly brought to work for co-workers and NOT left at home!
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I normally get over 200 trick or treaters but I feel like I did really good by spending $30
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    Zip! Zilch! Nada! Nothing! it's my favorite holiday of the year, and sadly, I won't be doing anything this year. we don't get trick-or-treaters, and with the BF and I working so much, i'll probably just go home and go to sleep! ha!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I probably spent about $40-$50 on candy this year... I bought a mixture of smaller items and made little pumpkin shaped loot bags to give away!! ;)