Would love a pair of great fitting jeans!

Options
Peppermint49
Peppermint49 Posts: 7 Member
I just cannot find a single pair of jeans that fit me :sad:
They either fall down when I walk, or give me a muffin top the muffin man would be proud of.

I have a UK size 14 hip, smallest part of my waist is a size 12, and around my belly button is size 18-20.
Even maternity jeans won't fit.

Am I going to live in tights all winter?

Replies

• KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    BELTS!!! For those of us who have waists smaller than our butts, belts are required. I absolutely cannot wear jeans w/o one. they fall off BIG time. And I refuse to show my crack when I bend over. That's all the advice I can give you, sorry :S
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Or do you have the Gap curve ID or whatever they are? They're different cut jeans to accommodate different waist-to-butt situations.
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Buying jeans is a difficult process, no matter what your weight or shape. Start visiting stores that you don't usually frequent. Even if it's a store that you would NEVER visit, they might have jeans made for you. The perfect pair of jeans is out there just waiting for you. Honest!
  • Peppermint49
    Options
    BELTS!!! For those of us who have waists smaller than our butts, belts are required. I absolutely cannot wear jeans w/o one. they fall off BIG time. And I refuse to show my crack when I bend over. That's all the advice I can give you, sorry :S

Lol thank you, I didn't think of belts :embarassed: although all the lovely ladies belts don't go very long. I'll pinch one from my other half, see if that helps :bigsmile:
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    My hips are waaay bigger than my waist.. I wear stretch jeans so they are snug on me.. Belts hurt my back.. Just shop around hon good luck
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Gap Curvy jeans!! Omg, I am in love with them and I call them my sexy pants. I have a similar problem that I have a small waist and healthy rump so there was always that spacing in the back. I decided to look online and it brought me to Gap. It was the first time I didn't wear a belt in YEARS. They have different lengths and considering they have two size measurements, I'm assuming you can find them in the UK as well.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I have the exact same problem, I have a very hourglass figure and big thighs. Until recently I had not worn jeans in probably 2 years because I couldn't find any that fit, if they would fit over my thighs they would gape so much around my waist it was ridiculous!

But last weekend I was near ecstatic because I bought two pairs of skinny jeans! One pair is high waisted and they are the most perfect fit ever, the others are still a little loose around the waist but not too much that a belt doesn't fix. (I think it has a lot to do with losing weight as well because they were both size UK 14 whereas I used to find size 16s almost too tight).

I got mine from New Look, maybe it's worth having a try in there? And I'd recommend trying some high waisted styles, I'd never have thought of trying them, I just tried on the ones I bought because they're a rust colour, but they're so good I think I'll always look to get high waists in future.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have your problem, PLUS, I'm am really tall. I've found that Old Navy jeans work best for me. But then I take them to the tailor in town and have them tailored to fit me.

So my suggestion to you is to find the jeans you like that fit you in most places and have them altered. It's pretty inexpensive, and then you look like you're wearing jeans made for just you.
  • Peppermint49
    Options
    Brilliant, thank you all for your help! I'm off to the shops tomorrow, first stops New Look & Gap - wish me luck :smile: