Not new, but starting over! Re-introducing myself! :D

Options
Brady_
Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
I am 22 and a Half Senior/Half Junor at UW-Wisconsin Stout in Menomonie Wisconsin. I got out of a 3 1/2 toxic relationship this past April, spent 4 weeks in Europe over the summer, did an internship that lead to another this coming summer, and now am back studying away in school this semester (or barely studying)

Over the last 4 years of my life I haven't had a lot of close friends because my life consisted of my (x)boyfriend and I and that was pretty much it. Now that the relationship is over and I'm still in school, I didnt have many friends the start of the semester. Being so that I am very involved on campus, I became GREAT friends with 6 other girls. We go out every weekend including 1-2 days during the week, which consists of a lot of drinking. Since September I have gained about 5-8 pounds. My friends are all size probaly 1's and maybe 2's and i'm a size 8-10; clearly the biggest one. Its been really taking a tole on my self confidence every night we go out. Well, instead of taking matters into my own hands I usually just sit and dwell over my chubflub by eating all night in self pity.

I eat when im sad, lonely, stressed, happy, busy, bored, there really is no one emotion that I eat during, and i found that out this past week. the past 2 years have been a hard one in my life dealing with relationship issues, so I was depressed for quit some time, and i figured thats where my eating issues came in. well, I now dont think thats the case, I am really Happy now, I have great friends, i'm successful, my classes aren't THAT tough, therefore I am genuinly a happy, non depressed, not so stressed person. BUT I still eat, a lot.

Anyway, I'm sick of dwelling over being the "bigger" or "chubby" friend and I just want to end the self pity parties every night and take matters into my own hands. If I ever want to feel good in my body and clothes, I have to go to the gym and start eating right and drinking less. So October 28th 2011 I start this next journey of mine, and i hope to god i stick with it. I Need this for myself.

So, here I gooo =)

Height: 5'7 3/4 (so basically 5'8)
Starting weight: 152lbs - October 28th

Goal 1: 145 by November 10th
Goal 2: 140 by November 24th
Goal 3 :135 by Christmas Eve

Final goal: 130 by February 10th (my 23rd Birthday)

http://shannonjbrady.blogspot.com/ <--My Blog ( I haven't updated in a while)

Also you can Search "Shannon Brady Photography" on Facebook to find my work =D

Feel free to add my on MFP :D

Replies

• rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    You can do this! I have struggled with emotional eating all my life. In the last month, I have not ate unless I was hungry. I haven't binged either which is a big thing for me. I think you just have to set your mind to it and it all falls into place. Good luck to you!
  • SamanthaGetFit
    Options
    hey!
    do the 30 day shred with me
  • sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Shannon you can do this! Write down where you want to be physically and how you plan to do it. Then you have a plan of attack! To that you must add resolve and focus. Let's go!
  • dronette
    Options
    Best of luck! We are all here to support eachother!
  • quelquun
    quelquun Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We have the same birthday- which is my goal date for my weight loss, too! We should be friends =)

I have struggled with a lot of the same things you are- bingeing mainly- college put a lot of stress and weight on me for various different reasons.

I have had good days and bad days since joining this site, but clearly, it's working to help me shed some weight. I know you'll only find the people you meet here supportive, friendly and helpful in meeting your goals.
  • MzKym30
    MzKym30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wishing u the best...we can do this TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!