egg free recipe

Options
tamrajd
tamrajd Posts: 86
anyone have a good cake recipe without eggs?

Replies

• tamrajd
    tamrajd Posts: 86
    Options
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite chocolate cake recipe. It can be doubled and put into a 9X13 pan. It is so moist I can eat it without frosting. Also makes yummy cupcakes, just reduce the baking time.

There are no eggs in this chocolate wacky cake, and mixing is easy.
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
    1 cup sugar
    3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon vinegar
    5 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 cup cold water
    Preparation:
    In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt. Make three wells in the flour mixture. In one put vanilla; in another the vinegar, and in the third the oil. Pour the cold water over the mixture and stir until moistened. Pour into 8 x 8-inch pan. Bake at 350°F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it springs back when touched lightly.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Buy any packaged cake mix you like... stir in ONLY one 12 can of any flavor diet soda. Yields:1 egg-less cake with less calories and fat then cake prepared with eggs and oil! :happy:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Buy any packaged cake mix you like... stir in ONLY one 12 can of any flavor diet soda. Yields:1 egg-less cake with less calories and fat then cake prepared with eggs and oil! :happy:

I do this for my daughter who is allergic and she loves them!! We use strawberry and diet sprite. They work better as cupcakes then a cake though.
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    Sub eggs with flax seed meal.