How much did you spend on Halloween candy?

Options

Replies

• Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    We spent around $40 this year, we normally get around 100 plus kids!
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    About $10, we hit up the dollar store where they have the little mini bars of the good stuff.
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Zero zip nada. Live way out in the country. My own grandson doesn't even trick or treat at Grandmas. He gets a card with money, figure he will get enough candy else where. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you live:

When I lived out in the country we never got too many kids, so we'd get buy on a bag or two of candy.

When I lived in Uptown in Minneapolis (almost no kids in that neighborhood) we'd get 4-5 kids and that's it.

Now I live in a town of about 12K and we probably get 70-100 kids every year, sometimes 150.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    $30 - we have a corner lot and typically get 120 trick-or-treaters
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    $12. Two bags of candy, totaling 175 pieces of random bits of chocolatey goodness, at Target, each on sale for $5.99. Even giving out 2 pieces per kid, I'm sure I'll have some left over.
  • justimmy22
    justimmy22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    so far nothing and hopefullly I can resist the urge
  • goelvira
    goelvira Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Candy came out to about $20-23.00 I think. Two bags of skittles ea of about 30 pieces, bag of twizzlers, bag of gum, two bags of reeces's peanut butter cups and two bags of cinnamon graham cracker bears. I think I did well! :-)

11998536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I spent about $8 on stuff my husband and I like. We live in a rural suburb and aren't anticipating and kids. Plus, we won't be home anyway, we're taking out kids into a couple of rich neighborhoods in the city. I only bought candy because I'm pregnant and wanted it.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    £0
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I spent $7.50...we bought 3 bags of candy.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Crap. I should probably pick some up! :grumble:
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Zero. My kids are grown, my house is hard to get to and not many kids in the area anyway.
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    $0.00

I doubt I will purchase any either
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    We spent about $60. We get a lot of kids here because we do a big haunted house thing! My hubby will eat the leftovers, so glad I don't have a sweet tooth!!!!
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think mine came out to like $22 after tax. I bought a big bag of the tiny Snickers, Milky Way, etc, and a 95 piece bag of Whoppers, Kit Kat, and Reese's cups. Slightly selfish reasoning on that last bag... I may be losing weight, but this fat boy is going to have some Reese's cups for Halloween :)

P.S. I live in pretty rural/suburban neighborhood with about 70 houses, and usually get about 50-60 kids coming by. Hope I bought enough, else I may have to fight them for the Reese's.

That's funny...I have never had a single trick or treater...kind of makes me sad...I'd love to have some...
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I thiunk 22 but I didnt buy candy I bought Trail mix bars and 90 calories rice crispy treats that way I can eat the leftovers
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    $24.00 plus tax. I bought 2 bags of 150 pcs at Gordon Food Service. The contents are Reese' s pieces, Peanut butter cups, Whoppers, Kit Kats, and Milk Duds. We'll have leftovers. I also had some Halloween pencils and erasers from last year and I spent $3.99 on 18 little tubs of Halloween play dough.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    $15.00. I got 6 bags for $2.50 each. Reese's Peanut Butter cups, Crunch Bars, Butterfinger, Snickers, and Tootsie Rolls.

We will probably have between 80-100 kids stop by tonight. They seem to come in big groups all at one time. When the candy is gone, it's gone. But I did set a few of my favorites aside just for me. So later tonight when the lights are out and it looks like no one is home, I'll be inside eating candy meant for the little kids. :devil:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Around $15.00.